Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sweet. Just found out Samsung has it's own streaming service and it's 100% free. No ads. Using this now instead of Pandora.

(Currently available for the US only for select Samsung Devices). But I manage to download the apk and it works on my Galaxy Tab 7.7.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.samsung.mdl.radio

Looks a little blurry on my tab though!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Even with pandora I am not able to use the wheel to change songs. can anyone tell me how to adjust it so that I can? if Pandora was the last thing I was listening to on my iphone it will automatically resume play through my phones pandora when I start the vehicle..

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can skip songs fine using the steering wheel control with pandora or the samsung music app with my android device. Not sure what the deal is with your iPhone.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes, I totally agree with you that Samsung Milk Music is a lot better than that of Pandora. One problem is that Milk Music is just for Samsung users. What about other Android users and iOS users? Don't worry, if you are not an Samsung user, you can also get free music from FunForMobile.
But lets be 100% real here... its no longer a battle between Android/Apple/Blackberry...

Its just Samsung vs Apple at this point in life...(oh i have a Note 8 oops i'm biased):D

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
I pay for Tidal HiFi and love it. It’s a bit pricey, but the sound quality is unparalleled. While it’s most noticeable on my home system, it does liven up the Bose in the car.

I think other brands are offering premium quality now too, havent really tried it lately so maybe they’re just as good. I have over 100 songs downloaded on Tidal and am too lazy to remake a list.

All steering wheel functions work great.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,854 Posts
I would expect that a quasi-lossless audio file wouldn't sound much different than Spotify or Pandora in a car. On a decent home system though, it would be noticeable. Streaming a Tidal near-lossless file over a cell connection into your car (1411 kbps, 16-bit/44.1 kHz FLAC and ALAC streaming) is susceptible to buffering delays, depending on your signal strength. Not sure I'm up to paying $20/month for it. I'll give the 30 day free trial a go though and see how well it works out here in the sticks....

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
I would expect that a quasi-lossless audio file wouldn't sound much different than Spotify or Pandora in a car. On a decent home system though, it would be noticeable. Streaming a Tidal near-lossless file over a cell connection into your car (1411 kbps, 16-bit/44.1 kHz FLAC and ALAC streaming) is susceptible to buffering delays, depending on your signal strength. Not sure I'm up to paying $20/month for it. I'll give the 30 day free trial a go though and see how well it works out here in the sticks....
I download all the songs for offline play, so it isn’t streaming. Quality difference is noticeable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.