Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
20 20 hindsight.. That GTR or R8 may have been a better choice 4 me. Now that I'm single again I don't need the space. I'm waiting on a bigger turbo setup like the RS600 kit AMS is working on. I'm ready to go for: injectors, HPFP, turbos, and a re-map. Hopefully that will do it. I just want 450/530 on pump 93. I still like the sleeper idea.

The new Corvettes look good. I may go to Ford in Keene NH today and ask about the GTG Mustangs. Also today my sister called and said I may get my brother's Lotus Elise. I could trade that in on an Exige.
The new corvette looks sick, honestly I don't think there is a better buy on the market at the moment. Unless of course Nissan does an about face and shows off a new Z at the next autoshow.

Reactions: jodedor

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,349 Posts
I stopped in to talk to Chevrolet about the 2020 vette. He said he can take orders but no printed materials yet. 2 months.

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
I stopped in to talk to Chevrolet about the 2020 vette. He said he can take orders but no printed materials yet. 2 months.
Aye, early reports are indicating Chevy may be on back order for the entire year simply from pre-sales.
Shockingly when you give consumers a great looking product with the performance and price tag to match they fly off the shelves.... Who would have thunk it.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,459 Posts
Aye, early reports are indicating Chevy may be on back order for the entire year simply from pre-sales.
Shockingly when you give consumers a great looking product with the performance and price tag to match they fly off the shelves.... Who would have thunk it.

Sounds like what's going on with the Porsche Taycan EV. Initial target of 20,000 units was bumped to 30,000 a couple months ago and now has been bumped to 40,000 units and it won't even be shown until September. Porsche has already taken pre-orders for 30,000 units and predicts the Taycan will outsell the 911. 600HP AWD, 0-60 in 3.5 secs, 300 mile range and will recharge to 80% in only 15 minutes on one of Porsche's fast chargers. Estimated entry level price is rumored to be around $90,000. Certainly a Tesla challenger.

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
Sounds like what's going on with the Porsche Taycan EV. Initial target of 20,000 units was bumped to 30,000 a couple months ago and now has been bumped to 40,000 units and it won't even be shown until September. Porsche has already taken pre-orders for 30,000 units and predicts the Taycan will outsell the 911. 600HP AWD, 0-60 in 3.5 secs, 300 mile range and will recharge to 80% in only 15 minutes on one of Porsche's fast chargers. Estimated entry level price is rumored to be around $90,000. Certainly a Tesla challenger.
Indeed, although I think the Taycan may not sell as well as Porsche is expecting if they are using pre-order numbers, we haven't seen concrete test or performance numbers and their infrastructure doesn't really exist in NA.
it's also very likely using the EU test cycle for it's range which would make it look far better on paper vs the EPA estimates.

Buut it's a Porsche, they could put their logo on a stick of butter double the price and it would sell like hot-cakes.

Reactions: Avedis53

·
Premium Member
2017 Q50 Silver Sport VR30DDTT
272 Posts
My short history:

2013 Legacy 3.6R modded and tracked until BOOM!
2015 WRX over modded and undriveable... sold.

Infinitis I have had:
2004 G35 coupe 6mt black on black.
2005 G35 coupe 6mt black on black very light mods.
2012 G37S sedan 6mt black on black.

Now... 2018 Q50 Red Sport AWD white with black interior.

Nismo wheel fitment thread:
RS AWD 19x9.5 +50 275/35/19 trials
I love those wheels! Did you order them, or buy them second hand?

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Mother of god thats insane. Catch me looking at classifieds :ROFLMAO:
better than $4k for forged rays and a 6 month wait.

those nismos are forged and 19 or 20#.

Enkei has some decent wheels that clear akebonos. checkout the wheel and tire firment thread.

Reactions: Batell

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
4,881 Posts
My wheels were about that price too. And they are even more expensive today. It's a curse. It makes it so you don't want to park your car anywhere for more than 5 minutes. And if you do, you're paranoid you'll come out to your car on blocks. When I park next to a curb, I pull in at 0.1 MPH, with my eyes glued to the 360 surround view camera.

Reactions: jodedor

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
My wheels were about that price too. And they are even more expensive today. It's a curse. It makes it so you don't want to park your car anywhere for more than 5 minutes. And if you do, you're paranoid you'll come out to your car on blocks. When I park next to a curb, I pull in at 0.1 MPH, with my eyes glued to the 360 surround view camera.
wheel locks...not great but a deterrant. It also depends in where you live. the locks came with the Q.

I used to run enkei rpf1s with falked 615k with only tuner lugs...never an issue.

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
4,881 Posts
wheel locks...not great but a deterrant. It also depends in where you live. the locks came with the Q.

I used to run enkei rpf1s with falked 615k with only tuner lugs...never an issue.
I have one security lug on each wheel. I also added a shock sensor because I know it's common to hammer a socket on to the security lug. I also have a dash cam that turns on with motion (but had to unplug it because it caused AM radio static!!).

·
Premium Member
2017 Q50 Silver Sport VR30DDTT
272 Posts
better than $4k for forged rays and a 6 month wait.

those nismos are forged and 19 or 20#.

Enkei has some decent wheels that clear akebonos. checkout the wheel and tire firment thread.
I really like those wheels, I've been scouring the internet for a good deal. They're just so expensive. I will stick with stock 19s until I can find something.

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I have one security lug on each wheel. I also added a shock sensor because I know it's common to hammer a socket on to the security lug. I also have a dash cam that turns on with motion (but had to unplug it because it caused AM radio static!!).
lolol...

that sounds like me with home security.

alarm system, cameras, 2A.

all Im missing is a rot wiler.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts