Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yep that's how i gotcha to click on my thread

no but seriously i joined Nico close to a decade ago after picking up a 1st gen 04 RWD saloon
dropped it (Tein S Tech) aired it (Venturi) & overall just had a great time

2.5 weeks ago, the weather gets bleak and some hairy kid with an out of control Chevy killed it at a stop light

i would name shame but insurance handled everything
Hertz Car Rental sucks though

o boy its close to 3 am and i gotta get up less than 6 to take my eldest to his playoffs
good night folks !!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
not much of a warm welcome despite my FREE BEER offering

i guess most of y'all are used to free everything, not just beer

o well i found this place trying to look up TruMat v/s WeatherTech mats for my new'ish Q(ueen)50s AWD because football season is almost over and ski season will be here soon

would someone care to opine ?
or well i can post n00dz but who in their right mind wants to see that on a Sunday morning :D

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Is there a question hidden somewhere here?

·
Registered
212 Posts
We thought that you were just drinking some of that free beer while you cruised through...

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
I'm assuming you mean Tuxmat instead of Trumat? I have a set of Tuxmats and WeatherTechs in our cars and I prefer the Tuxmats. I think their appearance and coverage is better than the WeatherTechs.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
+1 for TuxMats. I use the crappy Infiniti rubber mats ontop of my TuxMats just because I can dump most of the crap easily.
I would buy the TuxMats again.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
I like my Tuxmats except for the driver's one. It is showing wear at the point my heel touches the mat while I am driving, and it is not on the built in heel pad. I have had to fix it already. But this is just my opinion.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
That's why I use the Infiniti rubber mat on top.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
That's why I use the Infiniti rubber mat on top.
You're gonna have the Toyota "floor-mat-fouling-the-gas-pedal-unintended-acceleration" issue if you keep that up.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Nope, not at all. I make sure it's adjusted when I get in. Not a problem ever. 23K like this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys
I went for the TuxMats (not TruMats) based on a visual comparison of TuxMats vs WeatherTech
Waiting for Fedex to pull up one of these days now

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so i notice a few 2018 owners are using a Stillen anti-sway bar on their rear
is this a mod that helps the car handle better ?
i had an 04 RWD before i got this '15 AWD and she shows almost no need for one so far

also does switching out the OEM for a K&N air filter help the Hybrid much ?
I had one in my old G & the few horses it made were at the top of the rev counter

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
All you need is the rear bar as the front bar in the AWD is beefy. I run my Stillen rear bar at the stiffest setting and don't have any problems with oversteer.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
so i notice a few 2018 owners are using a Stillen anti-sway bar on their rear
is this a mod that helps the car handle better ?
i had an 04 RWD before i got this '15 AWD and she shows almost no need for one so far

also does switching out the OEM for a K&N air filter help the Hybrid much ?
I had one in my old G & the few horses it made were at the top of the rev counter
IMHO, switching filters isn't going to make a noticeable difference in power, if any at all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
IMHO, switching filters isn't going to make a noticeable difference in power, if any at all.
that's what i thought
i live in the middle of "stoned" wood so i find myself slowing down when i merge on a 60 mph freeway and that was in my old gramps powered 04 G
don't even wanna try unleashing this hybrid beast because well there's just no room

do tell me whatcha think about those StrongArm trunk lifts though please
my boys luvvv how my new'er car hooks up and giggle when i tell em i can't fit anything except two small boxes in my trunk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
All you need is the rear bar as the front bar in the AWD is beefy. I run my Stillen rear bar at the stiffest setting and don't have any problems with oversteer.
i guess no brownie points for looks on the front
one Toyota rig i drove required lowering to run on the HotchKiss tightest setting
i neglected to read the instructions and snapped the bar in two
hilarious but i couldn't tell until i saw her on a rack and even then it made absolutely no difference in how she handled

all that said, how hard are ya pushing your G/Q that your Stillen rear bar corrects your oversteer ?

·
Registered
2,465 Posts

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
So this thread has gone from free beer to floor mats, to sway bars to trunk lifts. All we need now is for someone to ask for a recommendation for a good CAI.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
do tell me whatcha think about those StrongArm trunk lifts though please...
They correct the weak OEM struts but I've found them to almost be too strong, at least when it's hot out and the struts are warmer than usual. Still, I like them better than the OEM struts that would allow the trunk lid to drop once the lid was partially closed. I'd buy them again.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts