Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Super Moderator
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the demodding in-progress, I spent the last two days removing the 380mm 6-piston front & 355mm 4-piston rear Stoptech Trophy BBK from my Q60, as this one-of-kind setup has found a new home :).

Since I sold-off my Akebono calipers and Z1 2-piece rotors years ago, @JohnInNH sold me his Akebono calipers from his '18 Q50 Red Sport. I sprung for some NAPA Adaptive One Coated 1-piece rotors - they even come with black centers and sprinkle-slots! I decided to keep the S/S brake lines on the car.

Next up with be removal of the Seibon CF Rear Diffuser, and re-install of the stock Piano Black Bumper Finisher (it's not a diffuser :geek: ).

After that, I'll likely be done with my de-modding. I'm going to re-install the Ecutek tune, so I'm going to leave FI CBE since it likely make my Q more saleable than with the absurdly quiet OEM system, which I still have in my attic storage space.

· Registered
3,000 Posts
I don’t know man, I’m sure there’s someone here that’s been waiting to see an FI CBE pop up in the market place. Since you have the OEM to switch back to anyway, you might as well recover as much as you can from your mods

Reactions: JD305 and mapleDom

· Registered
3,000 Posts
He’s selling the Q60 and getting an Audi.

· Super Moderator
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry I missed it...what is the reason for the de-mod?
Yup, as Sky mentions, I have an RS5 on-order.

Right now, it's a late March/early April delivery. The RS5 are on allocation, and with the chip shortage/supply change, very tough to get one w/Competition Package. I had one ordered from a dealer in OR, but he couldn't guarantee Audi would build it before September, so I found a dealer in the South that ordered one for stock in the exact color & configuration I wanted, with a much sooner delivery date.

· Registered
2018 Q50 Luxe
385 Posts
The RS5 are on allocation, and with the chip shortage/supply change, very tough to get one w/Competition Package.
I work for a contract manufacturer. We build assemblies for a lot of military and medical companies. ANYTHING having to do with electronics has been a complete pain in the ass to get a hold of for the last couple of years. Even things like wire and connectors have a year long lead times. Makes my job tons of fun.

Gesture Finger Thumb Fun Beard

· Registered
1,320 Posts
I put on a set of Napa Adaptive One coated rotors (blanks, wasn't interested in slotted or drilled) along with their hybrid ceramic pads. My hats are silver but the coating has held up rather well, they still look new. Good choice.

· Premium Member
4,415 Posts

Right now, it's a late March/early April delivery. The RS5 are on allocation, and with the chip shortage/supply change, very tough to get one w/Competition Package. I had one ordered from a dealer in OR, but he couldn't guarantee Audi would build it before September, so I found a dealer in the South that ordered one for stock in the exact color & configuration I wanted, with a much sooner delivery date.
so you are getting the competition package?

if so, great choice. looks better than a bmw and wont need much modding.

· Registered
2018 Signature.(sold)
2,955 Posts
Here they are going for $100k, can't get one for a while.

· Premium Member
Jacksonville, FL
421 Posts
I work for a contract manufacturer. We build assemblies for a lot of military and medical companies. ANYTHING having to do with electronics has been a complete pain in the ass to get a hold of for the last couple of years. Even things like wire and connectors have a year long lead times. Makes my job tons of fun.
I'm an IT Director and getting hardware has been a huge pain in the ass as well. We recently completed construction on a new hospital and they had to wait over 2 months for windows... Crazy...

· Super Moderator
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so you are getting the competition package?if so, great choice. looks better than a bmw and wont need much modding.
Yup. Competition Package with factory C/Os, CCBs (front only - grr), and LW wheels. Going to be more rear-biased than "regular" RS5s.

· Registered
7,054 Posts

Congrats sir the RS5 is a my 2nd favorite coupe in the segment, although I do wish it still came with the V8 like back in the day. But that's neither here nor there looking forward to the stories you have about it!

View attachment 113838
Can confirm, wait times are totally insane even in the Enterprise sector (not as bad as Military/Healthcare) but ordered a Power Supply and a MDL Module for a network switch that was under warranty. Power Supply took 3 months and interconnect 4 months, all I can say is hurray for redundant components. lol

Supply chain is going to be messed up for another year at least even with consumer demand start to fall off. :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts