Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have an issue with my 2014 Q50S. My driver seat trim closest to the door has somehow come lose right to the back and I'm unable to snap it back in. Consulting with the service manual is not much help in this instance. Is there any trick to fixing this or am I stuck with a trip to the dealership?
Trying to avoid ripping the seat out as that's beyond what I'm comfortable doing (not a mechanical person in any way).
Automotive tire Grey Tread Tints and shades Rim

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
6,360 Posts
I would venture a guess that there is a tab or two that have broken off. I would look under the seat and between the seat and the door sill for any small, black plastic parts. If you find something that looks like it might have broken off that trim part, then you will need a new part.

Reactions: SkylineDreamz

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
A lot of the tabs for the interior pieces have a metal retaining clip. If that clip loses its form even a little it can fall off and the piece will become loose. So keep an eye out for funny looking little pieces of metal too

Reactions: Pillboy

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
16,595 Posts
It looks like the seat cushion outside finisher outer side pawls popped loose. There's four of them (triangles) along that upper edge of the finisher. There are also two fixing clips (circles) towards the bottom of the finisher. Diagram below:

Aircraft Gesture Airplane Vehicle Aviation

Have you tried moving the seat forward for better access and pushing the finisher in to reseat the pawls with a sharp rap or two? This is assuming no broken pawls. I don't think it's the clips as the pawls are the ones that hold the top edge of the finisher close to the seat cushion.

If one or more pawls are broken and the finisher needs to be replaced, you'll first have to remove the seat cushion forward finisher by popping loose the two fixing pawls on each end:

Jaw Gesture Font Rectangle Art

Once the forward finisher is out of the way, there's a harness connector to disconnect if you have side bolster adjustment:
Human body Organism Gesture Font Elbow

Then there's a seat cushion trim fixing rubber band (A) to be removed and one outside finisher outer side fixing screw (B) to remove.

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle Rectangle Automotive exhaust

Pop loose any pawls or clips still attached with a plastic trim removal tool and disconnect any harness connectors (A and B), if equipped. Remove the finisher.
Font Elbow Parallel Diagram Line art

1 - 4 of 4 Posts