Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT: MAKE AN OFFER. im no hoarder.

Its time for someone to get the height corrected on their Q50.

I am currently selling my used Tanabe Sustec PRO coilovers I previously had on my M37S. I am an Infiniti technician in SoCal (Los Angeles) and I can assure you the suspension of the Q50 is borrowed from the Y51 chassis (2011+) M37/M56.

Now, for the differences in chassis to consider suspension characteristic expectancy.

The M37 2wd is roughly 3,850 pounds, about 250lbs heavier than a 2wd Q50 which has a median curb of ~3,600 depending on trim (Q50h is about 3,900). The M has a 54/46 Front/rear distribution percentage, which surprisingly slightly betters the Q50's 55/45.

All in all, although never tried on the Q50, being one with many years of performance suspension experience under my belt (I am a suspension geek), im certain the Sustec will have a proper lowering range coupled with a fantastic ride quality for whoever is ready to complete the look of their Q50.

The coils have about 10,000 miles on them and are still in perfect working order with a fresh appearance (broken down and cleaned twice since new).

--------------------------------
Numbers.

Asking $800obRo for the coils (may ship obviously at buyers expense)
or..
I can install the coils, align your vehicle and even perform a DAS calibration if applicable for $1200

If interested call or txt:
619-764-0070 (Jared)

(If you have questions, its probably best to text because im usually too busy to entertain a full convo during typical business hours)

Happy motoring gents.

PICS

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Hmmm sounds interesting! So u need das calibration when u change out suspension?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Absolutety, the DAS system is extremely sensitive to suspension geometry, the 3(main) control units might self destruct if you changed the geometry associated with a 2inch drop without recalibrating lol

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Absolutety, the DAS system is extremely sensitive to suspension geometry, the 3(main) control units might self destruct if you changed the geometry associated with a 2inch drop without recalibrating lol
Dang! Wish you were close by!

So if we plan to get coils, how do we go about the whole realignment and das recalibration thing? I was planning on dropping the car by just an inch or maybe even less! Would people who get coils have to bring their Q50 to the dealer?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im actually between Fullerton and LA on any given day just to throw that out there. But the answer to your question is absolutely yes.

If you want to align a DAS car, you have to do a calibration before and after adjustments are made, which can only be done with the Nissan/Infiniti "Consult" diagnostic interface. If you were just lowering it like an inch or less, im sure the DAS logic would "probably" be able to compensate but I mean who knows how quick you'd be chewing through tires..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
besides.. with a steering system as advanced as this. I wouldn't recommend trying to find a way past the proper calibration procedure.. or taking it to anyone besides infiniti. it just has way too much going on..

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Which dealer do u work @? If I were to buy the coils and have it aligned and calibrated by u where would that be done @?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pm'd

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
price drop before they hit eBay and/or NICO/VSC forums. I don't like storing stuff, garage space is important to me lol.

I really want to see a lowered Q50 (Vossen's example is really nice, but the wheels are a little large for my taste)

$650 and they're all yours.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Want these gone. $850installed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Edit. Make me an offer.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
i honestly doubt my dealer, or any for that matter, are willing to go that far for someone.. because i've spoke to them about modifications and adapting to the DAS, they werent too helpful at all

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There aren't many dealers, or technicians for that matter that have a solid understanding for how the DAS system operates. This is brand new technology and only those who care to indulge themselves into grasping how it works before it has issues (or for the sake of modification) will really be on top of it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I can assure you the suspension of the Q50 is borrowed from the Y51 chassis (2011+) M37/M56.
Does this also apply to springs? For example, does Eibach springs for a 2011 M37 fit on a Q50s?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.