Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Q50 signature edition Silver Sport
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a slightly used Tanabe axle back exhaust for sale in NW NJ. Only on the car about 2 months. It has a very clean, refined, deep sound. Just wasn't the sound I was looking for when paired with my Rev9 y/mid/vibrant resonators. No damage or dings, just some surface discoloration here and there. Comes with the unopened bag with instructions, gaskets, and bolts. Asking $600 OBO.

FYI my 2017 Q50 is AWD so it will fit RWD and AWD.

Looking for more of a nice Infiniti growl like the Helmholtz. But will probably spend the extra cash and get a full cat back since the Rev9 won't last long in NJ winters.

I would like to do local pickup only, I'm willing to meet as long as it's not too far away. Way too much money and hassle to try and ship this thing. Thanks for looking.

Bicycle handlebar Automotive tire Bicycle fork Bicycle part Automotive exhaust
Automotive exterior Bumper Bicycle part Automotive lighting Auto part
Wood Automotive exhaust Fender Trigger Auto part
Musical instrument Kitchen utensil Wind instrument Tints and shades Pipe
Musical instrument Kitchen utensil Wind instrument Cookware and bakeware Wood
Automotive tire Asphalt Road surface Gas Snout
Automotive tire Audio equipment Automotive wheel system Gas Automotive exhaust
Hood Automotive lighting Headlamp Liquid Font

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have a Helmholtz for sale we could discuss a trade. DM me if interested. Do you have a sound clip? I’m looking to tone my setup down but definitely don’t want it to sound ricey. I have 2.5” piping, Borla dual in/out where factory y normally mates to mid and then Helmholtz. Just about 20% too loud during the peaks. Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would have been temping a little while ago. I really liked the Helmholtz on my Q50 hybrid, it was just a bit loud which is why I got the Tanabe instead. However I prefer the more aggressive mad throaty Helmholtz now that I've head both.

I actually ended up going with the full cat back Greddy Evolution GT. Probably a louder, but will be a full working system and have the aggressive growl I love.

I know the Rev 9 is not going to last through too many NJ winters, and I got tired if dealing with the connections and trying to line everything up when I changed straight pipes and resonators multiple times. The Rev9 was just more of a temporary solution since the cat backs I liked were out of stock this spring. Then instead of doing the right thing I tried to save some money and just get an axle back to get a little more sound. Oh well my mistake.

Now hopefully I can sell the Tanabe and get some of my money back. It's a great axle back. On the quiet side and deep, just missing that aggressive growl I love.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I'm excited for the Greddy, hope I'm finally happy with the perfect exhaust.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah that's what I was worried about. Most places said November or later ship date, but this place said 9-24. And had a big discount with free shipping so I jumped on it. Hopefully it does actually ship close to the 24th.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts