Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Infiniti Q50S Hybrid AWD
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Q50 crew,

I have a full used Tanabe/Revel cat-back exhaust for sale in central Minnesota, however, I would be willing to ship if the buyer covers the majority of the shipping costs. I would prefer to sell it all, but if you are only looking to snag part of it -we can certainly discuss. Normal exhaust wear, no dings, dents etc.

The reason I am choosing to sell it is because its designed for the 3.0T and not the hybrid, which just didn't give me the exact sound I was looking for. I ended up buying a cat-back more designed for the 3.5L.

This will fit both RWD and AWD (it came off my AWD with no fitment issues) cars and is an easy install and substantial upgrade. It gave my car a real nice deep growl compared to the more "trumpety" (imo) Helmholtz that I had installed prior to the Tanabe exhaust.

Asking $750 OBO. If you are not local, message me and we can figure out shipping.

Thanks for taking a look and let me know if you have any questions.
Wheel Tire Street light Bicycle fork Table
Bicycle part Wind instrument Wood Gun accessory Nickel
Wheel Tire Automotive exhaust Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Automotive exhaust Bicycle part Nickel Composite material Gas
Bicycle part Composite material Gas Automotive exhaust Nickel
Plant Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exhaust Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
232 Posts
I'm looking for just a mid pipe at the moment if you find someone just wants the axleback. I'm near Chicago though so it would probably need to be shipped.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm looking for just a mid pipe at the moment if you find someone just wants the axleback. I'm near Chicago though so it would probably need to be shipped.
If your interested in taking both the Y-pipe and mid pipe, I can certainly check to see what shipping costs are. If you strictly want just the mid pipe without the Y pipe, I may hold off for the time being as I just posted the listing but I would absolutely keep you mind.

Edit: I see your signature now with the ISR Y-pipe. Give me a little bit of time and I will certainly reach out. Thanks for inquiring!

Reactions: Blackhawk77

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
232 Posts
No worries, just wanted to throw it out there if you did get some interest in the other parts. I know it's easier to sell stuff together. Thanks

Reactions: Zamniia

·
Registered
263 Posts
i dont recommend this exhaust for people that are tuned, the Y pipe WILL be a restriction. this would be fine for a stock sport or a sport with bolt ons and no tune. theres nothing wrong with the system, its just not designed for higher hp levels. the 3" merge pipe is incapable of supporting 300-350 flywheel hp.

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
232 Posts
My car surprisingly made like 467 through the tiny stock mid pipe and muffler on e30 and 435 on 93. Not sure that 3 inch Y could be any worse that that and it's not like I'm going to gain 20+ HP by opening up the rest of the exhaust.

·
Registered
263 Posts
A single 3" pipe would be better than the stock unit, of course. It will become a restriction at higher rpm compared to a 2.5" X system, even when you account for the loss of flow due to multiple pipes in use.

Maybe frame it in a different way. How many people here think that a single 3" exhaust would be ok for a 500 flywheel HP engine? Hopefully zero. Even dual 2.5" is getting close to limits.

The old 2.2cfm per hp still rings pretty true regardless of how the power is made. There certainly tons of variables but the generalized formula continues to be around because it's accurate most times.

This exhaust is actually really good. Quality, construction, durability, all good stuff. It's just not something I'd recommend for a modded car. YES, it will still make power and NO, it won't cause the engine to fail. You will leave power on the table once tuned, especially as you climb over 4500-5000rpm.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Price lowered

·
Registered
2015 Q50 3.7 AWD Premium
6 Posts
Would you know if this combination would work on the 3.7 AWD? If so, are you able to ship to Ontario, Canada?

·
Registered
2014 3.7, 14 Hybrid S, 17 Silver sport, 17 Red Sport, now 18 Signature.
2,160 Posts
Would you know if this combination would work on the 3.7 AWD? If so, are you able to ship to Ontario, Canada?
If you are in the Toronto area, go and see Quick Muffler on Dufferin St, the owners name is Abe, he will take care of you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I believe so yes, you can find Youtube videos for the 3.7 w/Tanabe. I'll calculate shipping today and will send you a PM

1 - 12 of 12 Posts