Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed while driving my Q50, I have a quarter tank of gas, and the rang says 140km remaining, but driving 2km, the range dropped to 127km. I haven't even driven the car in an abrupt manner, and mostly kept it in eco mode, and I don't see that much of a difference in saving gas. Compared to my Acura MDX which is also a 3.7L V6, that seems to be giving a way better mileage than the Q50. Has anyone else seen a difference in their gas mileage driving in eco or standard mode?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I would use the full range gas as a guide, not as absolute value. Too many things can change the value in a matter of second such as hard acceleration, up hill driving, constant stop and go, etc..
If you wants to save gas, you should have get the hybrid. I was mange to get 32 mpg on my last tank of gas, but I have to drive conservatively.

I've noticed while driving my Q50, I have a quarter tank of gas, and the rang says 140km remaining, but driving 2km, the range dropped to 127km. I haven't even driven the car in an abrupt manner, and mostly kept it in eco mode, and I don't see that much of a difference in saving gas. Compared to my Acura MDX which is also a 3.7L V6, that seems to be giving a way better mileage than the Q50. Has anyone else seen a difference in their gas mileage driving in eco or standard mode?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
the range changes and your driving habits change, say if it reads 140km remaining while you're doing highway, when you exit the highway and start driving in the city the range will go down as city driving consumes more gas

·
Registered
187 Posts
I drove from gettysburg to Washington, D.C. With my range staying at 150 miles... I'm dialing in my mileage by resetting the A trip odometer at each fill up and will figure it out that way.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
My experience with range indicators is that they are very optimistic with a full tank, and pessimistic with less than 1/4 tank.

It's an approximation that you learn to read. Just note how much gas you can put in, when near empty, to know how many more miles you could have gone.

Reactions: chicagokevo
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.