Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what's the average city mileage fuel range that I should be obtaining on a full tank of gas? I filled up last night and drove to work which is around 8 miles away and my range is at 280 miles. Is that normal? Thx

·
Registered
697 Posts
Hybrid or not?

In my non hybrid sport I get roughly 24-25 mpg with about 50/50 mix driving. 22-23 when driving a tad more spirited.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
45 Posts
Expected MPG, Q50S AWD.

I usually run 22 MPG in city driving and in highway mode, I exceed 400 miles on a tank.
Got 31 MPG on strictly highway driving this past weekend. Excellent mileage if driven easily.
Enjoy the Q!!!

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Checked mine on the way into work. With a combo of city/highway I am getting 23-24. Majority of the time I am in Sport mode.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I average about 18-19 mpg per tank, and my commute is about 8 miles also which is about 320-350 per tank. 280 sounds a little low

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
540 Posts
How about for Sport Hybrid folks? How much miles and MPG you get in a full tank of gas? I just got the car last week and average 25.4 mpg and got 450 miles in one full tank. It should be more right?

·
Registered
574 Posts
I was wondering what's the average city mileage fuel range that I should be obtaining on a full tank of gas? I filled up last night and drove to work which is around 8 miles away and my range is at 280 miles. Is that normal? Thx
short distance driving won't get you good mileage. Too many stop and go will also kill your mileage.. I get 305 miles (avg 17.4) before I rest and refilled this morning.. I drive around the same distance as you, my office is 10 miles away.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
short distance driving won't get you good mileage. Too many stop and go will also kill your mileage.. I get 305 miles (avg 17.4) before I rest and refilled this morning.. I drive around the same distance as you, my office is 10 miles away.
Which drive mode do you commute in?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Which drive mode do you commute in?
I do standard, and I drive very aggressively. I only cruise 10% of the time when I on the road. You also have to factor in the mods I have in my car, and your driving behavior.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I do standard, and I drive very aggressively. I only cruise 10% of the time when I on the road. You also have to factor in the mods I have in my car, and your driving behavior.
I drive aggressive too lol. Which mods do you have?

·
Registered
288 Posts
My car says average 19mpg.. How is the fuel range calculated? I always fill my car up when I hit the half tank mark. Could that mess with my fuel range calculation?
I always wait until empty to fill up and I just reset the trip odometer. I also reset the fuel info in intouch to get a more accurate reading on actual mpg after each fill up.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
It varies but I would suggest you to rely on fill up mpg rather than the system. It is more accurate.

Q50S non hybrid.
On my daily commute, 80% highway and 25 miles on way, on average, I am getting 400-430 miles and I still have less than 2 gallons in the tank usually when I fill up. (standard mode). This depends on the traffic also. If the whole week was stop and go traffic, I would get around 380 miles.

The last road trip to LA from SF (boring straight line hwy 5), I filled my tank a little over 500 miles (mostly on eco mode and keeping the RPM at around 2000 all the time. At 7th gear, this around 65 to 75mph). The AC was one also. I believe I was filling for 18 gallon. I remember the gas yellow light appeared.

Weekend canyon road (not very accurate because I did not use full tank calculation) but my MPG meter shows 16 to 22mpg. (sport mode with lots of paddle shifter). AC is off.

Note: the tank is 20 gallon.
Stop and go kills the MPG but love the long trip mpg. Pretty good!!!!
Im at 10K now and it seems my MPG is a little better than before (probably 1mpg better). There was one time I only got 280 miles in one tank because I had to do lots of errands for a week and all local roads. So it really depends on how your leg hitting the pedal, starting and stopping over a week does impact mpg. Look at the MPG when I had to drive over 500 miles in a day. the MPG was great!

I heard some hybrid, depending on how well you utilizing the electric, you could get over 40 mpg (the highest I have heard is 46mpg). If trunk not an issue for me, it was hybrid already!!!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It varies but I would suggest you to rely on fill up mpg rather than the system. It is more accurate.

Q50S non hybrid.
On my daily commute, 80% highway and 25 miles on way, on average, I am getting 400-430 miles and I still have less than 2 gallons in the tank usually when I fill up. (standard mode). This depends on the traffic also. If the whole week was stop and go traffic, I would get around 380 miles.

The last road trip to LA from SF (boring straight line hwy 5), I filled my tank a little over 500 miles (mostly on eco mode and keeping the RPM at around 2000 all the time. At 7th gear, this around 65 to 75mph). The AC was one also. I believe I was filling for 18 gallon. I remember the gas yellow light appeared.

Weekend canyon road (not very accurate because I did not use full tank calculation) but my MPG meter shows 16 to 22mpg. (sport mode with lots of paddle shifter). AC is off.

Note: the tank is 20 gallon.
Stop and go kills the MPG but love the long trip mpg. Pretty good!!!!
Im at 10K now and it seems my MPG is a little better than before (probably 1mpg better). There was one time I only got 280 miles in one tank because I had to do lots of errands for a week and all local roads. So it really depends on how your leg hitting the pedal, starting and stopping over a week does impact mpg. Look at the MPG when I had to drive over 500 miles in a day. the MPG was great!
May be a dense question but, how does stop n go traffic affect ful tank fuel range; for instance, as soon as I fill up before leaving the gas station I look at fuel range and it says 290 until empty.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
May be a dense question but, how does stop n go traffic affect ful tank fuel range; for instance, as soon as I fill up before leaving the gas station I look at fuel range and it says 290 until empty.
the range information is always misleading and it really depends on the overall information. Sometimes the information is lack of data or the data is too diluted. For example, I have seen the range showed me 512. I believe that was after I had a trip from SF to LA and after full tank fill up, I was shocked to see my range was 512. I don't think you can rely on range data. It is V6 and Infiniti advertise the mpg from 20/30 which has a broad range. Based on my experience with Infiniti, their numbers are humble compared to others.
I did play around sometimes on 2-3 hours trip and resetting MPG on highway road. I was surprised the MPG showed 34mpg after I arrived in Tahoe.
Note that I was driving alone. On the LA trip, I had 4 people in the car including me.

Just remember it is V6 and for what it is, the number is good in my opinion. Check the mpg on the competitors (like Hyundai got sued over this) and their HP/torque is not even close to what Infiniti has. I did not buy the car for driving like grandpa but on my daily commute I tried to save money :D.... I have my fair share on the weekend for that... also hopefully this month, my neighbor and I will take it to the track in sonoma since he has been bragging too much with his S4!!!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Because if our tanks hold 20 gallons and my average says 19mpg. After I fill up it should atleast day 380 right?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
the range information is always misleading and it really depends on the overall information. Sometimes the information is lack of data or the data is too diluted. For example, I have seen the range showed me 512. I believe that was after I had a trip from SF to LA and after full tank fill up, I was shocked to see my range was 512. I don't think you can rely on range data. It is V6 and Infiniti advertise the mpg from 20/30 which has a broad range. Based on my experience with Infiniti, their numbers are humble compared to others.
I did play around sometimes on 2-3 hours trip and resetting MPG on highway road. I was surprised the MPG showed 34mpg after I arrived in Tahoe.
Note that I was driving alone. On the LA trip, I had 4 people in the car including me.

Cool thanks for the info. Next time I fill up I will reset my odometer

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I couldnt find the picture with the range over 520 but here is one of them that caught me by surprised after fill up. I jst resetted the odometer but it was a little higher after a fill up but I was waiting for traffic light to take the photo.

Speedometer Vehicle Car Auto part Odometer

1 - 20 of 68 Posts