Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
the throttle response is much quicker and 'touchy". Also the rev shift points are pushed well in to the redlines, and you gain the rev matching when downshifting. It also stiffens the wheel.

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
I have sports AWD hybrid and I get 25. 4 average after 8k miles , not bad at all.

·
Registered
697 Posts
That is one thing I like about the Q. Gas mileage for the non hybrid is good enough. A friend of mine has a 4 banger altima and he gets 25 mpg, and he drives way more conservative than I do.

He gets upset when he sees I get his same gas mileage for the most part

·
Registered
853 Posts
I get exactly 20MPG whether in Sport mode or Standard. So I tend to drive in Sport (or personal with Sport engine setting). I think it usually shows mid-high 300's in the range.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
How about for Sport Hybrid folks? How much miles and MPG you get in a full tank of gas? I just got the car last week and average 25.4 mpg and got 450 miles in one full tank. It should be more right?
First of all, give it time. You know there is a break in period as things loosen up. Sheesh. One week? Those hamsters have barely reached puberty yet!

I have about 3K miles on mine. Hard core city driving. Mostly stop and go on surface streets. 28.4 mpg is current average. I mostly drive fairly conservatively but won't hesitate to put my foot in it when the mood strikes.

I suspect by next summer the car will have 20K miles on it and should be getting about 30 mpg.

BTW, We all know cold weather with short trip driving really kills fuel economy. Even slightly more so with hybrids. I have spoken to people with other makes and models of hybrids and they confirm this.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I get exactly 20MPG whether in Sport mode or Standard. So I tend to drive in Sport (or personal with Sport engine setting). I think it usually shows mid-high 300's in the range.
This is what i'm getting. Suprised to see 25mpg's or 450+ on a tank. My drive is 50/50. 20 mins city, 20 min highway, but most of the time it's just 10 min city.

I've got about 6k miles in.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
seriously? if you have heavy foot even, in standard mode, it will consume more gas.
Maybe you are just way too heavy for the car...

The best fuel consumption would be around 2000 rpm.
However, you might as well get Prius.... seriously!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a non-hybrid and drive 40+ miles round trip in Atlanta traffic. I have averaged 20 -21 mpg in my month or so of ownership. I drive 50-50 standard/Eco on my commute. Sport mode on the weekends! Almost the exact same mileage as my V6 Accord, but with more grins. I am satsified.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I've noticed on the gasser getting anywhere between 390 and 460 miles depending on how rough you drive it..
Wow, I'm impressed 460 I don't think I got that many miles even on road trips! But then again I keep the car in triple digits.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
I got the same mpg. I wonder how can we increase it?
I think regular tires instead of RFT can make at least 5%difference and that's what I'll do once the rfts are kaput.

·
Registered
540 Posts
First of all, give it time. You know there is a break in period as things loosen up. Sheesh. One week? Those hamsters have barely reached puberty yet!

I have about 3K miles on mine. Hard core city driving. Mostly stop and go on surface streets. 28.4 mpg is current average. I mostly drive fairly conservatively but won't hesitate to put my foot in it when the mood strikes.

I suspect by next summer the car will have 20K miles on it and should be getting about 30 mpg.

BTW, We all know cold weather with short trip driving really kills fuel economy. Even slightly more so with hybrids. I have spoken to people with other makes and models of hybrids and they confirm this.

The car is actually a CPO with 5,000 miles when i got it. It has 5,600 now. It should predict the gas mileage now right, or wait a little more?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I think so. My Michelin A/S3 tires is 2lbs lighter than the Q50 oem Dunlop 19" RFT. So, my rolling resistant is better which give me slightly better gas mileage. Also, my stop and go seem slightly quicker.
Get rip of the RFT, your Q50 will thanks you :)

I think regular tires instead of RFT can make at least 5%difference and that's what I'll do once the rfts are kaput.

Reactions: cvipgo
21 - 40 of 68 Posts