Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

Full Down Pipe install - Reputable shops in PNW?

911 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  rgigs66 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

Attempted the catted full down pipes install from Fast Intentions. Just couldn't get in there with my race ramps. I looked around and hit up a well reviewed muffler shop who told me it would take 2hrs, after first hour with my car I get a phone call saying its actually going to be 10hrs. I told them to take it off the rack (not sure they knew what they were doing).

Considering going to FI but its about 15hr drive from me. Would be great if there are shops closer by that anyone has used in the past and would recommend for this type of install. Im in Vancouver WA.

Thanks!

#2 ·
Considering going to FI but its about 15hr drive from me. Would be great if there are shops closer by that anyone has used in the past and would recommend for this type of install. Im in Vancouver WA.
I had my Catted DPs installed @ FI in Sept 2018. Apparently, the CA laws have changed and while FI can still sell the Catted DPs and LDPs to non-CA residents, they are no longer allowed to perform the install of those products, even on non-CA vehicles.

I spoke to Brad at FI today, and he said it takes about 8 hrs. to install the Catted DPs on an AWD Q50/Q60.

In addition, I reached out to the Race Shop in Portland that installed my SPL & RS-R Suspension to see if they could perform the install of the exhaust hardware. I'll respond to this thread or via PM when I find out.

#4 ·
Thank you for the information IridiumRS400, no bs answers are the best!

Reactions: IridiumRS400
#5 ·
Hey everyone,

Attempted the catted full down pipes install from Fast Intentions. Just couldn't get in there with my race ramps. I looked around and hit up a well reviewed muffler shop who told me it would take 2hrs, after first hour with my car I get a phone call saying its actually going to be 10hrs. I told them to take it off the rack (not sure they knew what they were doing).

Thanks!
Did you ever have any luck finding a shop around Vancouver? LDPs and exhaust is next and I'm too old for laying on the ground.

Thanks

#6 ·
Actually yes, I did. But I had to take it into Portland to a shop that would do it, no one in Vancouver would do it..

As a side note, selling my EcuTek bluetooth and yakima roof racks if you interested, just sold my Q.