Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if the R2C intake for the G37 will fit a Q50 without any modification or customization? And what about other short-ram intakes for the G37 like the JWT Popcharger, Fujita, or Injen?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Does anybody know if the R2C intake for the G37 will fit a Q50 without any modification or customization? And what about other short-ram intakes for the G37 like the JWT Popcharger, Fujita, or Injen?
I have the R2C on my G37 and my guess is that there would be at least a little mod needed for the Q50, as the R2C has brackets to support the tubes that mount to certain spots in the G37 engine bay. Im thinking the Q50 engine bay is at least slightly different, and that might even cause the tubes to not clear everything (not sure on that one, since its the same engine they'll be attaching to)

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Reactions: gbert15

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
574 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
No one, yet...

But your supercharger has blown up a few VQ engines....

Weiboy from myg37.com Im sure could tell you all about it
Was it really the supercharger? Maybe the person who assembled the system or maybe even the tuner could have done something wrong. Don't believe everything you read on the internet man. Stillen is a reputable company in the Nissan/Infiniti community. Why would you go and name drop like that?

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Reputable? I guess that depends on who you ask that question...

Broken Sway Bar (stillen) - 01 - 06 Lexus IS300 - Lexus Owners Club (USA & Canada)

Stillen Swaybar broke!!.... pics inside - G35Driver

Stillen Sway Snapped - G35Driver

Due to some personal friends having some serious issues with STEALIN parts, I have zero trust in the sh!t they put out.
I guess man but you have named 3 issues out of millions of sales, those aren't bad odds. They have been around for years but to each his own. I've had Stillen parts on my last 3 cars and have never had an issue.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
No one, yet...

But your supercharger has blown up a few VQ engines....

Weiboy from myg37.com Im sure could tell you all about it
Somehow I doubt it's a partciular problem to G37.
when you slap a supercharger onto a maxed out aspirated motor, at some point it's probably going to go boom.

It's pretty easy to google all kinds of cars with blown engines after a supercharger was put on.
Like here is a mustang with a Saleen super charger.
supercharger blowing engine twice? - Mustang Boards

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.