Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting on my rims that I had on my G on the Q but was wondering if the tpms are the same as I don't want to go through a hassle of switching them.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Try it and let us know. I asked one of my techs a while back and they said no. I suspect reality might be different, but I'd love to hear your experience. If it doesn't work right at first, give it a couple dozen miles and see what happens. Please report back.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Try it and let us know. I asked one of my techs a while back and they said no. I suspect reality might be different, but I'd love to hear your experience. If it doesn't work right at first, give it a couple dozen miles and see what happens. Please report back.
No they don't, different MHz.

Plus q50 tpms have easy tire fill alert and g37 tpms don't, you can't register them to the bcm.

Already tried.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
How does the tire fill alert work. Too lazy to look in the manual. Hehehe
Something along the lines of, leaving the car started, put in park and not neutral then start filling the tires up until you hear the honk or flashing lights.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I need to give this a try and see if it works. I was told by the dealer and a few other tire shops that the G37 tmps won't work in the Q50... sucks because I had to buy mine from the dealer and they weren't cheap.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
I need to give this a try and see if it works. I was told by the dealer and a few other tire shops that the G37 tmps won't work in the Q50... sucks because I had to buy mine from the dealer and they weren't cheap.
I work at the dealership and if I wanted them, I'd have to pay too. And I only save a couple bucks on each one compared to what you pay at retail. It sucks, but don't feel like you're getting a bum deal from the dealer. I opted to skip the TPMS on my winter wheels. I have a warning light on the dash - but who cares. I can check my tire pressures the old fashioned way.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I work at the dealership and if I wanted them, I'd have to pay too. And I only save a couple bucks on each one compared to what you pay at retail. It sucks, but don't feel like you're getting a bum deal from the dealer. I opted to skip the TPMS on my winter wheels. I have a warning light on the dash - but who cares. I can check my tire pressures the old fashioned way.
Not upset with the dealership, they're making money and I can't blame them. My dealership has actually been pretty darn good with everything. All dealerships will charge top dollar for their products because they can. They also do the work for you, instead of you going to an automotive store or hardware store and trying to figure things out yourself (plastic clips, paint pens etc.).

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had a 2012 G37 (RIP). I kept some parts, including the tpms's because i knew I was getting aftermarket 19's for my 2014 Q50.

Reading above i am discouraged but see some hope with my research!

1. To the comment of different frequencies: both cars use 315mhz

2. To the point of 'fill alert' the car feedback when specific PSI is reached (love this feature). My G37 did this too!

3. tpms.com lists the oem replacement is the same.

4. Lastly,
older or non premium G's had some different part codes like: 40700-JK00C
My 2012 g37 tpms is a Pacific Brand with part code: 40700-1la0c
research says 2014 q50 part code is very similar: 40700-1la0b (only last letter is different)

All this points (on paper at least) that the sensor should work in my q50?

Since i have them I may as well try. I'll report back after new rims installed in May (2019) if it works.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.