Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,014 Posts
I only did it for 10 miles...from metering light to work and parked.

29mpg in eco mode.

I removed that awful eco pedal push in my settings.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Eco pedal itself does nothing for fuel economy. It reminds you to take it easy. It may help you learn how to maximize fuel economy. Most people already know that.

BTW, that mileage computer is optimistic by at least 5% if not more. At least that has been my experience. But, if it makes you feel good...

Reactions: DeeCee and ptatohed

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,212 Posts
I played with Eco mode and found I got better MPG in Standard or Sport mode if I "Hyper miled" (allowing the car to speed up down hills, and let it slow down up hills as much as was allowed by traffic) avoiding braking, use rolling stops etc.

Best on a flat highway returning from Thompson Speedway. I was in Sport mode and was in heavy traffic going in the 80's (MPH).

I averaged 28.5 indicated MPG, which calculated out to 27.x

My 32K average is 23.x MPG. It will be interesting to see how much of a reduction the Pure turbos make. I figure a 1-2 MPG loss with a light foot.

·
Premium Member
2,014 Posts
Eco pedal itself does nothing for fuel economy. It reminds you to take it easy. It may help you learn how to maximize fuel economy. Most people already know that.

BTW, that mileage computer is optimistic by at least 5% if not more. At least that has been my experience. But, if it makes you feel good...
I just dont like the eco pedal pressing back on my foot. It is a bit intrusive.

I now have 40 miles and 25mpg.

My combined used to be 16.9mpg

I will update when I hit 1000 miles.

·
Premium Member
2017 Q50 RWD Premium
268 Posts
Typically I am between 22-23mpg - Note: I have been accused of driving like an old man but if the shoe fits...

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti Q50S Silver Sport
110 Posts
I just made a 900 mile trip and got 30.8 mpg. C/C set @ 76 mph most of the way. We averaged 68 mph. From Virginia to lower Georga it was 31.8 mpg. Untill hitting flat Florida.

Avg around town city mpg is 20.6. I usually reset

·
Registered
16 Posts
Whats up y'all. I bought a q50 2014 with 65k miles on it. The car drives smooth but I get shitty MPG. My average MPG is 12-14, I know most q50 owners usually get avg 17-26 MPH, that's why I'm a bit concerned. I always put premium plus gas, run with a ARK catback and drive pretty aggressive. I live in the city and look for parking for hours. Regardless, is there anything that I can do to increase my MPG? Maybe replace spark plugs or such?? Anybody has tuned their car for better MPG? Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!
My 2019 started getting bad mileage and the high pressure fuel lines were leaking. I replaced tgem and my gas mileage increased

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
My 2019 started getting bad mileage and the high pressure fuel lines were leaking. I replaced tgem and my gas mileage increased
How did you determine that those lines were leaking? Where are they located?

41 - 48 of 48 Posts