Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took pics of my car's trunk without the spare tire package. You get about 4" of additional depth when the spare tire and related equipment is not in there. The trunk floor covering even has folds so that the same floor cover can be used regardless of whether there is a spare tire package in the car. Another plus, folks can remove the spare tire package and jack and not have to buy another floor over.

Sorry for not so great pics - it was 100 degrees outside and I was in a hurry to get to do my test drive.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Thanks! I noticed there appears to be a foam layer under my hybrid trunk which contains some small tools which appear to be for the front towing system. I plan to remove it when I take delivery to get some extra space.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Thanks. This is a nice way to gain some space when needed.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
I noticed the last car I drove had the spare tire package, and the shelf floor basically sits level with the bumper. Look at the first pic here.

That 4" vertical ledge disappears with the spare kit, everything is level with that.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I was trying to convey with the pics. The ledge (and associated added depth) goes away to make room for the temp spare, jack and related items.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
anyone have a pic to post side by side to see the difference?

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Thanks for posting. I went to see one at a dealership the other day (still no test drives) and I was disappointed with how much trunk space the spare tire takes up. It is a considerable shot to the depth of the trunk in the gasser. Almost makes me want to consider the hybrid but I think with that small of a trunk, I'll need the fold down seats.

Couldn't see the hybrid for comparison as they didn't have any.

Oh, and no pics either. This area is tough on their embargo with the dealers!

·
Premium Member
739 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
...silly to include the spare tire...its even sillier to force it on people
The Q50s I have configured have had the spare tire as an option. If there was not an optional spare tire I would not be considering the car for purchase. Where I live and with my experience with flats I really can't consider driving a car that does not have some sort of spare tire.

To me this is a big positive distinguisher over the BMWs and Cadillac ATS.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
agreed. in NY it would be a bad idea to not have a spare tire with our roads and the endless construction

·
Registered
171 Posts
The Q50s I have configured have had the spare tire as an option. If there was not an optional spare tire I would not be considering the car for purchase. Where I live and with my experience with flats I really can't consider driving a car that does not have some sort of spare tire.

To me this is a big positive distinguisher over the BMWs and Cadillac ATS.
if you look at the packages.....they all require that spare tire "option".....they push it on you.

i understand some people want it...it really is a great idea for those people. there are some people who would rather not have it...but are being forced

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
if you look at the packages.....they all require that spare tire "option".....they push it on you.

i understand some people want it...it really is a great idea for those people. there are some people who would rather not have it...but are being forced
My dealer managed to locate one without the spare tire package. i may pick it up later, undecided.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts

No they don't. The dealer can order them separately. They only do that on the infinitiusa.com build site.

Reactions: carz

·
Registered
302 Posts
Thanks for posting. I went to see one at a dealership the other day (still no test drives) and I was disappointed with how much trunk space the spare tire takes up. It is a considerable shot to the depth of the trunk in the gasser. Almost makes me want to consider the hybrid but I think with that small of a trunk, I'll need the fold down seats.

Couldn't see the hybrid for comparison as they didn't have any.

Oh, and no pics either. This area is tough on their embargo with the dealers!
There isn't a tire well for the spare below the floor of the trunk in the gas powered Q50?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.