Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sport AWD Moonlight White with Graphite/Maple interior. Fully loaded with nav, Deluxe Touring, and Technology packages. Tilted the scale at $54,000. VPP bumped to $4000 up from $2700, so I figured "what the heck?" And now, I have given up that anxious feeling of desire for a new sense of profound sublimation.

Now, some may remember I was going for black. Apparently, so is everyone else on Earth. With projections of sometime between now and who knows when, I informed the manager that the Q inside the showroom was going home with me today. He had been earnestly trying to locate the black/black with everything but the tech pack, however they seem to be quite a rare bird in the Infiniti menagerie at the moment. The color scheme of white on black from the frontal view is, in fact, an Imperial Storm Trooper.

And so, my payment has gone up a bit. With 3.5% financing it went up a bit more. Thankfully, with the Bank of America payment system, I can set up the auto withdraw on a weekly basis, which will substantially reduce my interest and therefore total payment. If you have this option available to you, I strongly advise you to take advantage of it. Why send interest to the bank that could go towards your next Infinit 5 or so years from now?

Before being handed the keys, I was guided through the onboard computer system, and it all seems a bit overwhelming at first. The tech in the new Q makes my less than three year old G37 seem full-on geriatric. Taking it out for just a quick jaunt in sport config, it was astonishingly different than the "normal" test drive. Very alive at the wheel, and very quick. I know it's the same engine. I know it's the same, albeit tweaked, transmission. But it feels much quicker. Less hesitant. I almost felt as if I was having to reign the car in. It was a broad chested stallion foaming at the mouth, and never mind the bit in its mouth or the wanker holding the reigns. That sublimation i mentioned before? It's real. The ever constant nagging in my head that I want, no need, no... deserve a sports car again has finally been silenced. This truly is a "have your cake and eat it too" masterpiece. Take that, midlife crisis!

And now it's tucked into the garage. Hidden from view, and planning on how it is going to take over the world. I am quite certain that with all of the gadgetry on board, this car of the future will eventually become self aware. Quite frightening, when you think about it. Afterall, what if your car decides not to start because you haven't showered yet? Embarrassing thought, isn't it. Gods help me if the baby sicks up in it. Bloody thing just might set off it's alarm and S.O.S. Infiniti Emergency Services every time I get near it with my little girl.

But for now, I am the master. And the Q50 Sport AWD is heading for a day of breaking in tomorrow. Out of my way, Sunday drivers. I have serious business to attend to.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Congrats. I envy you guys that have access to VPP. Paying full MSRP is not the best move for us mere mortals right now. :) Just be sure to keep your new baby happy. If not, you never know what it might do when you least expect it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ten *t
I found your exact car on my dealers show room floor....my wife was talking the same color options and I decided in my minded i wanted fully loaded or nothing. This was the most expensive sticker on the dealers 12 Q50s so maybe that is why it was still around and with the 4k off with VPP I pulled trigger Monday and had them load up all the extras at the dealer and tint windows

They put a big red bow on the white hood very cool. Took my wife back to show her what tinted windows would look like she commented oh someone is getting surprised - they had told her car was sold so she thought nothing of it. when she sat in drivers seat I handed her the keys and she freaked out. Because I gave it to her so so for first time she gets new car.

So much to learn on that car.... Traded in my 12 M 37x and will get my 08 G35x back.
I think I will be jealous!!!! There is a fully loaded black on black2013 G37xS the last one this dealer will get because no more are being produced and it is sitting on the floor
With VPP it is less than 40k including tax. I have never drive a 37 sport so I just do not know what I will think. But the Q will be our road car so the G will be just around town not high mileage

Will I be happy with new 37xS or do I wait and see how Q50 performs and get my own Q50 probably a Hybrid
Decisions decisions

·
Registered
225 Posts
Congrats!!! Enjoy it! .... I already have over 550 on mine so far. :D

Reactions: SteinyD

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Congrats to both of you!

Rick- I just knew you'd go for the Q ;)

·
Registered
585 Posts
I almost felt as if I was having to reign the car in. It was a broad chested stallion foaming at the mouth, and never mind the bit in its mouth or the wanker holding the reigns. That sublimation i mentioned before? It's real. The ever constant nagging in my head that I want, no need, no... deserve a sports car again has finally been silenced. This truly is a "have your cake and eat it too" masterpiece. Take that, midlife crisis!
I just read this part to my wife - she loved your writing and feels exactly the same. We test drove on Thursday and purchased on Friday. Went to a restaurant an hour from home Friday night (windy roads to get there) just to get out and drive. I encouraged her to drink more wine than usual so I got to drive home:) We both love it (Hybrid Sport, Graphite Shadow, Graphite Interior)

·
Registered
302 Posts
That was a very enjoyable read, so much so hat I had to read excerpts to my wife. Thank you! Enjoy your storm trooper in its maiden voyage tomorrow!

Reactions: Ten*K
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.