Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Joining the forum today, as I am in my discovery phase of purchasing a 16-17 CPO Q50, as my current lease on my Discovery Sport expires veryb soon. I am opting to purchase used, as this vehicle is going to serve me well for the next 8 years or so and I'm looking to kill off most of the new car depreciation.

Previously, I drove a 2001 Maxima, with all bolt on kits, minus SC. Then a 2008 Maxima with intake and CBE. Loved both of these vehicles and only got into an SUV due to family needs. These needs are no longer needed and an AWD sedan, like the Q50, will serve our 3 person family well. Plus, that power! Can't wait to have some cajones in my vehicle again!

My goal is to locate either a Premium Plus or Silver Sport with tech package, between 2016 and 2017 year model and then start slowly modding it to gain all that horse power left on the table:

• Larger HE
  • LDP
  • CBE
  • JB4
Most likely in this order. Although, the JB4 might come after the HE.

Any gotchas that I should be aware on these year models? On a 2016, should I expect to pay about 50% original invoice?

I'll continue to rummage through this forum and check out what peeps are doing to theirs:)

I look forward to posting pics of my new ride soon!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Welcome to the forum! This forum is a awesome site for information and you will find outstanding advice about the Q50.

Good move on buying used having the former owner pay for the depreciation. Price on these cars are extremely fluid considering miles, history, location and options. The Q50 is a rock solid car. Just research the car as much as possible before pulling the trigger.

And always remember to use caution when certain members make over the top and hysterical comments about certain OEM parts on the Q50. We have seen members lie in order to support their own choices and expense. Other than that this forum never fails when you have a issue, question or problem with the Q50.

Good luck finding the best Q.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
The biggest gotcha after the belt/tensioner is DAS.

If you like to be physically "connected" to the front wheels, skip DAS.

Get a Silver Sport at least...sound, brakes, suspension.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
As Jodedor said belt/tensioner are usually the biggest problem with 2016-19 Q50/Q60's , there has been a few reports of Oiling issues on the turbos but they are pretty few and far between. At least based on what we've seen on the forum.

Make sure the car is CPO and enjoy the car, if a turbo issue does come up Infiniti will cover it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hey guys,

Joining the forum today, as I am in my discovery phase of purchasing a 16-17 CPO Q50, as my current lease on my Discovery Sport expires veryb soon. I am opting to purchase used, as this vehicle is going to serve me well for the next 8 years or so and I'm looking to kill off most of the new car depreciation.

Previously, I drove a 2001 Maxima, with all bolt on kits, minus SC. Then a 2008 Maxima with intake and CBE. Loved both of these vehicles and only got into an SUV due to family needs. These needs are no longer needed and an AWD sedan, like the Q50, will serve our 3 person family well. Plus, that power! Can't wait to have some cajones in my vehicle again!

My goal is to locate either a Premium Plus or Silver Sport with tech package, between 2016 and 2017 year model and then start slowly modding it to gain all that horse power left on the table:

• Larger HE
  • LDP
  • CBE
  • JB4
Most likely in this order. Although, the JB4 might come after the HE.

Any gotchas that I should be aware on these year models? On a 2016, should I expect to pay about 50% original invoice?

I'll continue to rummage through this forum and check out what peeps are doing to theirs:)

I look forward to posting pics of my new ride soon!
Sounds like you got the right idea in modding order, AMS HE is over twice the size as stock and will help when running a JB4 for sure. I got the HE before the JB4, I’d recommend a BOV kit as well for the longevity of your turbos, especially if you plan on running a JB4. A tech Q50 is a brilliant vehicle, good luck with the search!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like you got the right idea in modding order, AMS HE is over twice the size as stock and will help when running a JB4 for sure. I got the HE before the JB4, I’d recommend a BOV kit as well for the longevity of your turbos, especially if you plan on running a JB4. A tech Q50 is a brilliant vehicle, good luck with the search!
Thanks! Not to mention, BOVs do sound super sexy!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Thanks! Not to mention, BOVs do sound super sexy!
They definitely do, especially with the inserts left in. When I first put mine on I took the inserts out to get more of the classic whoosh sound, however it was a quiet sound unless I really got on the gas, when I put them back in the sound was a thousand times better! All the videos on YouTube made me think I wouldn’t like the sound but I was very wrong to think that, its much louder now and when I really get on it the sound is amazing! I have videos on YouTube of my 3.0 and my buddies RS Q60, check them out!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts