Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of now, I am getting almost daily freezing of the audio screen so I'm anxious to get the update.

Can anyone report their experience with the update? Fixed? Additional apps?

Thanks

Anthony

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
The apps are still not available yet. Should be later this month or November. The update helps significantly reduce the freezing. It's not perfect yet, but much better.

·
Registered
216 Posts
My lockup/freezing experience has not been much better after the update than before. Audio controls are better/more responsive and the steering wheel buttons haven't gone dead since, which happened several times before, so that's an improvement. The bigger update that is coming is supposed to fix the larger crashing issue.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sirius Weather / Sports Scores / Fuel Price

Is anyone able to receive Weather updates? (Hit the Voice button and speak Weather) I have tryied many times and it says not connected (Or something like that) I have called Sirius and confirmed I do have the service and have refreshed my signal.

10/16/2013 - Updated Programming - Sirius XL station are now coming in. Information from Sirius still not available i.e. Weather / Sports / Fuel Price etc.

Please let me know if there is something I am missing or is others are having this issue, Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
The weather/ sport scores/ fuel prices will not be available until the next update according to the inTouch site. Its not an SXM issue, its a functionality of the inTouch system.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I have not experience any freeze after the update.
+1, Its been very stable and reliable since the the update was applied. Glad they fixed the stability issue so quick.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Freeze up is fixed, so far. However, the quirky icon assignments to navigation locations has not been fixed.

I would have thought that they would have better icons. Where's Hospital, Pharmacy, or Doctor... for instance?

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I would like to see load time decreased on start-up if that's possible. I really wouldn't have a problem with the load time though if it came with a remote starter. I still find this as a disappointment.

Reactions: klimchuk

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Q50Aggie;"This is still the only update that's been available right?"

Yessssssss " update version is 2.3.7.0578" nothing new yet!

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Since the update was applied, i had two freezes - one for navigation screen and other for volume control, both being unresponsive to inputs. I did a soft reset, and I have not had a single freeze since. Pretty stable update, for me.

(watch now, on my trip home i will have a bunch of freezes and issues)

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
The system became stable once the update was installed. We have had no problems at all since early October. Really! Knock on wood grain vinyl appliqué.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just got the update this past Thursday, and it froze on me Saturday night. I'm really not happy about this at all. The level of glitches I've encountered suggest that Infiniti will be chasing bugs and issuing updates throughout the life of my lease. My dealer is not located conveniently to me, so having to keep bringing the car back is a huge pain. I expected better from Infiniti.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My Infiniti deals won't listen anymore. They have told me to contact Infiniti Customer Affairs. My sales person called me today with more things the car won't do tht she said it would. Apologized because she missed the meeting about the q50 amenities. Nice to know I get to suffer for her absence.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
I just got the update this past Thursday, and it froze on me Saturday night. I'm really not happy about this at all. The level of glitches I've encountered suggest that Infiniti will be chasing bugs and issuing updates throughout the life of my lease. My dealer is not located conveniently to me, so having to keep bringing the car back is a huge pain. I expected better from Infiniti.
Did you do a soft reset once the update was applied by the dealer? Hold down the volume button for ~30 seconds while the car is running and wait for the InTouch screen to reboot.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
My Infiniti deals won't listen anymore. They have told me to contact Infiniti Customer Affairs. My sales person called me today with more things the car won't do tht she said it would. Apologized because she missed the meeting about the q50 amenities. Nice to know I get to suffer for her absence.
What problems are you having?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Man, all these problems are really starting to make me nervous. I'm currently negotiating a hybrid sport, but maybe I should stop. Can anyone with an iPod connected that have experienced glitches tell me what happens immediately upon start up?

All I need is the engine to start, A/C to flow, and music (from iPod) to play (no reversing or navigation route to work needed).

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.