Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove to work today after last night's snowstorm. There certainly is no shortage of salt in Maryland. Of course, the Q50 stayed pristine under its white mantle, while the Lexus took the abuse.

The Lexus looks a mess, with salt covering every square inch. So, I was wondering, who drives their new car in these conditions?

Because I'd like to see what I'm missing, could you post a picture of the Q50? I would imagine that darker colors would show off the salt better.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Haha here in Vegas we miss snow so I took snow white to the mountains for some snow

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Even though I wash my car everyday so far, by the time I get home from the car wash it is like I never washed it at all. I don't want to scare you all so I'll just describe it and let you imagine. It has rock chips on windshield, paint chips on the body multiple areas, it's aspen pearl and you can't see the q50 badge or the license plate from all the dirt after a day of driving, headlights completely covered in dirt, wheel wells packed in slush, my weathertechs are spilling inside so the carpet has salt stains.

**** car is too fun to drive, only reason why I make it suffer.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Even though I wash my car everyday so far, by the time I get home from the car wash it is like I never washed it at all. I don't want to scare you all so I'll just describe it and let you imagine. It has rock chips on windshield, paint chips on the body multiple areas, it's aspen pearl and you can't see the q50 badge or the license plate from all the dirt after a day of driving, headlights completely covered in dirt, wheel wells packed in slush, my weathertechs are spilling inside so the carpet has salt stains.

**** car is too fun to drive, only reason why I make it suffer.
You need a Ford Raptor my friend!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, it's still easier to get clean than trying to get rid of love bugs that got stuck to the car.:D
"Picture needed", said doubting Thomas.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I would not be able to handle that sort of thing again...
I had no choice... I had to get home. Believe me, it was KILLING me! Although the back of the car looks kinda cool...

·
Registered
19 Posts
so with the crazy snow here in chicago i was able to take it through a touchless carwash but on the way home the streets were not salt free.

and i wont be driving this car for 5 weeks...
how bad is that for the car?
car is in a climate controlled garage.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.