Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone driven a truck for 10 years, and then made the move to switch to a sports sedan like the Q50 or G37? My last 2 vehicles have been the Nissan Titan (2006-current) and Nissan Frontier (2001-2006). I've ALWAYS wanted the G, and finally decided with this new design, I'm ready to purchase.

Have any of you made the switch from a big fullsize truck, and if so, how long did it take to adjust?

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Well, the first thing you gotta do is remember to leave your Stetson at home. :)

I don't know how you could make such a radical departure. You're gonna miss that commanding view of the road, the god-given ability to never signal when turning, and of course the hauling space. My dad has a bunch of vehicles, but he's always got at least one 4wd truck, and when you need one, there's no replacement.

I'd say, test drive them more than once. Get used to the idea that you'll wonder what the **** is going on in front of you alot since you can't see past SUVs and trucks. Take the test drive to the highway at least once.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
I don't think a Q50 could compare to a truck. As long as you know they are different.

There are many things to like about having a truck. Except the gas :)

We can look at the pros and cons

Q50:

Pros:
-Smaller
-Better on gas
-More features and luxury
-Quicker

Cons:
-Less storage space
-No towing capability
-No more crazy torque!
-Can't be rough and tough with the car anymore - easily damaged

There are probably much more that I haven't thought of.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.