Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Infiniti is having there top 200 salespeople going down to Texas to drive the Q50, 3 series and A4 on the speedway April 23-26. I can't wait!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Wow thats awesome. I Guess we can go to you for any information we need on the Q50? :D

Are they going to allow you to take photo's and video's during the drive? I'd like to see them.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Report back on how you feel between the differences between the Audi and BMW and of course our Infiniti Q50.

Congrats on being top 200. Not an easy achievement.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is the letter i recieved word by word to my NNanet account:

Exctement surrounding the all new Infiniti Q50 is building - and we are pleased to "stoke the fire" even more, so to speak, with a By Invitation Only Q50 Ride and drive event for the 200 of Infiniti's top Inspired Performer sales consultants nationally, plus one sales manager representative from each retailer. This special event, conducted at the Texas Motor Speedway in Ft. Worth, Texas, will place participants behind the wheel of the 2014 Q50, BMW 3 series and Audi A4, to put vehicles to the test in both Autocross and road course "head to head" evaluations.

There will also be ample oppertunity to experience firsthand the inspired luxury, new technologies and driver personalization evident in the Q50 - substantially before the vehicle is available for sale. This privileged access event is restricted to the 400 Inspired Performer sales consultants and sales managers to be identified by Infiniti and is schedualed for April 23-26 2013 (four event days with 2 waves per day) Rest assured - the participants' hands-on experiences at the track are sure to leave them as staunch Q50 evangelists among their colleagues and clients "back home"

My genral Manager all-ready told me I am in because I wa ranked 59 in the nation and am ranked In the award of excellence "elite member"..

·
Registered
407 Posts
2014 Q50, BMW 3 series and Audi A4, to put vehicles to the test in both Autocross and road course "head to head" evaluations.
They better have automotive journalists at this infiniti Q50 event, would really like to see the Q50 being compared to the 3 series and Audi A4. Both cars I would consider getting if I don't want the Q50.

Great info so far, can't wait for more!

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will keep you all posted.. Infiniti is sending out the actual invites to the top 200 salespeople in the first week on March. Please Let me if you have any questions you want me to ask or find out about the Q50..

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
I will keep you all posted.. Infiniti is sending out the actual invites to the top 200 salespeople in the first week on March. Please Let me if you have any questions you want me to ask or find out about the Q50..
I would love to know if it will have power folding mirrors. This is something I've been looking for for a while.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would love to know if it will have power folding mirrors. This is something I've been looking for for a while.
Ok got it..mi am looking for ac seats and heated wheel.. That's all I want it to have, I don't ask for much.. The hybrid awd is awesome, this will be the fastest hybrid in the world, as the m35h is the fastest hybrid now and the q50 has to be quicker because it will be lighter and mor aerodynamic..

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Hwo fast exactly is the m35h? From what i can see the infiniti M35h is pretty heavy as it is. But your right the q50 is probably lighter and has better aerodynamics for less drag. Lets prey we get ac seat!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Please let us know about everything you can. A/C seats, driving experience, 0-60 times, etc. Wish I could attend also
On another note, does anyone know any good salesmen in Texas?

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hwo fast exactly is the m35h? From what i can see the infiniti M35h is pretty heavy as it is. But your right the q50 is probably lighter and has better aerodynamics for less drag. Lets prey we get ac seat!
On Tuesday, August 23, a lone 2012 Infiniti M35h ripped down the UK's rain-drenched Santa Pod Raceway and sped into the record books as the world's quickest hybrid vehicle.

Driven by Tim Pollard, associate editor of the UK's Car Magazine, and overseen by Guinness World Records, the 360-horsepower M35h dashed down the quarter-mile track in 13.9031 seconds (average of all runs). The quickest run of the day tripped the clock at 13.8960 seconds. In describing the M35h's record-setting run, Pollard stated, "At Santa Pod you could feel the instant torque of the electric motor away from standstill – the car just leapt off the line."

Lest you think it's only quick for a hybrid, Infiniti points out that, in the hierarchy of quick vehicles, the M35h's time puts it on a par with the following performance icons:
1982 Lamborghini Countach S: 13.9 secs
1998 BMW M3: 13.8 secs
2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Volante: 13.6 secs
2007 Porsche 911 Carrera: 13.6 secs
1966 Shelby Cobra: 13.5 secs
1964 Ferrari 250 GTO: 13.5 secs
The M35h scoots from 0 to 62 miles per hour in 5.5 seconds and tops out at 155 mph. On the consumption side, the M35h snagged an official EPA rating of 27/32 mpg city/highway, with a combined rating of 29 mpg. Currently, the M35h is North America's only 350-plus horsepower, 30-plus mpg highway vehicle. Feel free to read all the details in the press release after the break.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
THe Q50 Hybrid will have the same motor as the M35H same drag coeffient and will be about 300-400 Lbs lighter so I am guessing 1/4 miles 13.6 seconds and 30MPG and AWD (which is RWD 98% of the time) This car will be a beast!!:D

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
The hybrid q50 is starting to sound promising and be one of the first to represent "fast" electric vehicles. Now its time to get a test drive!

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
I forgot another question. Can you ask if the AWD sport will be an appearance package like the G37xs is or if it will have the same options as the RWD

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm excited for the hybrid too but mixed in with some good reviews was this less inspiring one. I've never driven an m35h but if the transfer of ICE to battery is clunky then it is not an option for me.

2012 Infiniti M35h vs. 2013 Lexus GS 450h vs. 2012 Porsche Panamera Hybrid - Motor Trend
It is a little clunky at times but not to the point where it would annoy me. If you want 100% luxury then it prob would be annoying at times but this is a performance inspired hybrid that smokes the completion on the track.. I would sacrifice the clunky ness for speed and gas mileage.. The battery and has moter work together on the Infiniti hybrids that is why is so quick where in the other hybrids the battery ONLY works up to a certain speed so if you are on the hwy all day then it would not be worth it.. This is why you feel the clunky ness more because the 2 motors are constantly working together where in the other cars it only kicks in at a certain speed. I am sure infiniti wil fix the clunky ness in the q50 because Infiniti always fixes issues that they had previously ..

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I forgot another question. Can you ask if the AWD sport will be an appearance package like the G37xs is or if it will have the same options as the RWD
My guess would be that the sport will not have more hp. It prob will have bigger wheels , sport brakes, paddle shifters, sport seats and a stiffer suspension. So it will handle and Brake better but will not have more hp..

1 - 20 of 45 Posts