Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Q50S Hybrid AWD
57 Posts
I really loved my Q50, it was totaled out after hitting a block of wood on the freeway (saga here- Q50 vs. 6x6 block of wood on freeway; F in comments boys)

I really wanted a 400Z. I was looking for a 400Z Performance with a manual. It's not happening this year or maybe even next. I vehemently refuse to pay over MSRP for a car nor do I really want some ridiculous car payment.

I took a step back and decided to buy a 6-Speed 05 G35 and wait out the 400Z market a few years. I was kind of thinking a 370Z, but I'm just not a fan. I've always liked the G35s and daily driving this thing is going to be a blast. This will be my daily. Last owner had the car for 10 years and it has a bible of paperwork and maintenance. It's as clean as it looked. I paid $12k for it which is a premium as far as the book on these go, but these are starting to get picked up by collectors so I presume depreciation has flattened out.

I'm going to put my BBK on it, coilovers, and some wheels and tires and that's it. I was going to put the wheels above from the Q50 on the G35, we'll see. I'm leaving everything else stock, probably even the intake. I'll add a GROM bluetooth kit on the inside.
5yrs ago, while tired of waiting for a next-Gen WRX to drop and no longer hopeful that Toyota would make a real Supra, I entertained the notion of getting something NOW. Good thing I didn’t wait because what a disaster the new WRX is and there’s no more STi. While perusing Carmax I found a mint 08 G37S 6MT, 37K miles for under $19K, less than half what I planned on spending so it was a no-brainer. It was and still is a fairly rare car so the planets lined up for me. The G, M and FX were the pinnacle for Infiniti, the likes of which we’ll not see again. Even with today’s nutball used car prices, a lower miles G37 in nice shape can still be found for $20K to $30K. Mediocre fuel economy, luxury features and fit and finish a notch below the competition are small sacrifices for having nearly world class capabilities in a NA car with Japanese reliability. It’s still one of if not the best used car bargains out there. Be happy you have one and with a few mods you won’t want anything else.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
She’s beautiful! Still sad about the Q, but that manual transmission though… lol

21 - 25 of 25 Posts