Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
New update...

I called Infiniti InTouch support and the gentlemen I spoke with stated that "apparently I don't have the hardware to allow for apps to be added to my vehicle".

Very confusing, considering this is a near top of the line spec 2017 Q50S. Did they do something to block the 3rd party apps (google and facebook currently) from the 2016 and 2017 models??? But then @kjb86 says he has the apps and has a new 2017 Q50.

What is going on here!?
Perhaps it's different in the USA than Canada?

Mine works flawlessly and I even finally got Send To Car to work yesterday.

·
Registered
69 Posts
my 2017 q50 rs has the spot to enable google and facebook in the menu options and i can send destinations to my car from google maps on my computer, but i can't my phone and car to pair with the intouch app on the phone...

seems like its just all over the place with these things

·
Registered
60 Posts
Perhaps it's different in the USA than Canada?

Mine works flawlessly and I even finally got Send To Car to work yesterday.

Can you please explain how did you get "send to car" to work? I have registered my car in google maps using my email address that I used in my infiniti account but its not working :(

·
Registered
991 Posts
You didn't specify what your issue was but you can't send a route or trip. You have to that through InTouch services. You can only send destinations via Google maps.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Can you please explain how did you get "send to car" to work? I have registered my car in google maps using my email address that I used in my infiniti account but its not working :(
when you add a car to google maps, you use the VIN number of your car as the identifier. at least that's what worked for me.

google's instructions here:
https://support.google.com/maps/answer/6081481?hl=en

in my google maps, it only had a link for phone, but once you click that you can specify car instead.

·
Registered
45 Posts
when you add a car to google maps, you use the VIN number of your car as the identifier. at least that's what worked for me.

google's instructions here:
https://support.google.com/maps/answer/6081481?hl=en

in my google maps, it only had a link for phone, but once you click that you can specify car instead.
odd because VIN didn't work for me. Had to use the email address I sign onto Infiniti Connection.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
For those who haven't made it to work yet, can you tell us the InTouch services subscription status under "My Garage" in infiniti portal?

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Is this what you're looking for?
yes, but i thought you said yours work flawlessly already (?) Was trying to see if I could provide a little help / info for those who haven't been successful yet and thought starting from what they could see in the portal is a good starting point :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
yes, but i thought you said yours work flawlessly already (?) Was trying to see if I could provide a little help / info for those who haven't been successful yet and thought starting from what they could see in the portal is a good starting point :)
It does.

My bad, that's on me.

I guess I didn't read the part where you said "for those who haven't got it to work"

People these days I tell you... lol

·
Registered
121 Posts
I got the Google search and send to car working.

Google voice search is just marginally better then the NAV Voice search as the speech to text is provided by a third party and not Google. :(

Is there a way to use the IVR button to trigger Google Voice search when driving?

·
Registered
516 Posts
When you send a location to your car, how do you access it on the intouch menu?

·
Registered
101 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Sucks you have to say “Ok Google, ask INFINITI InTouch Services to start my Q50” Instead of just "OK Google, remote start my Q50." Will try it once I go out to lunch.
LOL, first-world problems? ;)

41 - 56 of 56 Posts