Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car arrived Saturday. Originally, I had told them I would take white or graphite. Dealer got in a graphite, but with splashguards installed. Really felt they ruined the lines of the car, so I said no thanks. Liquid Platinum became an option, and although I hadn't seen one in person yet (oddly, mine was the first they got), decided to take the leap. Not disappointed--think it is the best color I've seen on the car so far!

Got all the options, as well as the spare tire. Runflats are coming off ASAP, to be replaced either by Pirello PZero Neros or the Michellin Pilot Spot A/S 3s, which seem to be getting rave reviews.

Here are a few pictures. That's my 2012 TL SH-AWD Advance next to it. It was a great car and was my 4th TL. Unfortunately, Acura did not have a car for me to consider so it was time to try something new. Was a close call between the Q and the 2014 BMW 5 Series. However, the redesigned headlights on the 5 for 2014 were quite disappointing.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Nice! Congrats!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Looks great. Had a hard time deciding between platinum and graphite. You ditched a car for splash guards? You have specific taste :)

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Congrats on your Q50 man! Now send that Graphite Shadow to jkay! Hahaha! :p

Enjoy your new car! :D

Reactions: jkay

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Looks good man. The liquid platinum has gotten some bad press here but I've seen them in person and I think look great!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Very nice! Congrat on your new Q50.
Why would you wants to give up the 2012 TL SH-AWD? That's a great car.
I really like the 2014 BMW 5. But it's way too pricey for me once I load up all the options.

Here are a few pictures. That's my 2012 TL SH-AWD Advance next to it. It was a great car and was my 4th TL. Unfortunately, Acura did not have a car for me to consider so it was time to try something new. Was a close call between the Q and the 2014 BMW 5 Series. However, the redesigned headlights on the 5 for 2014 were quite disappointing.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The TL was a great car. Had it for almost 2.5 years, which is a while for me. Before that I had an 09 TL SH-AWD, 07 TL S-Type and an 04 TL. All were great. The 2003 TL, that was another story--they had to take it back because it kept chewing through transmissions, which was a known issue on those cars.

I probably would've stayed with Acura if the RLX wasn't so boring, overpriced and not yet offering AWD--or if they had an attractive successor to the current TL out. But, I was getting near the end of my warranty and couldn't wait.

The BMW costs more in terms of MSRP--I was looking at one that weighed in at $69,000. However, it really did not cost anymore to lease than the Q, which speaks to how lousy their current leases are. I also have a BMW X3, so I was getting some loyalty dollars on the 5 Series, too.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Looks great man! Liquid Platinum is my 2nd option; I think it's one of the more attractive options.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
That Liquid Platinum looks amazing in those shots.

We don't have a whole lot of Liquid Platinum members here---I've been going back to thinking about such a color. It's not quite as popular as White, Gray, or Black, but it's a color that always holds up well.

·
Registered
225 Posts
That's a very unique color! It looks great!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.