Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, yesterday afternoon I finally took delivery of my Q50S Hybrid and I can't express how much I freaking love this car!! I can't remember the last time that I felt so giddy about getting anything; I felt like I couldn't sign the papers fast enough to the point that my signature started to become illegible.

Despite issues that people have been having, this is an amazing piece of engineering. Although everyone has talked about the quietness of the start-up, I was still awed when I hit the start button and heard nothing, yet when I put the car in reverse, my car moved as if some invisible he-man was pushing it!

I love the throttle response, although it did take some getting used to since I was coming from a Honda S2000 with little-to-no low-end torque. When the torque hits its peak, you definitely feel it and you are glued to your seat and it will leave a grin on your face that's hard to describe.

I couldn't get enough of the car. I was looking for any excuse to drive somewhere, take someone somewhere, get something. I just needed to drive it. I haven't felt like that with a car in a while, and since it's a hybrid, I wasn't too worried about "wasting" gas.

I've heard mixed reviews about the Lane Keeping Assist, but I have to say that my experience with it has been amazing. At first, I kept my hands near the steering wheel because I wouldn't believe that it would work as well as it does. I've never felt safer in a new vehicle. I can't believe how well it works. It's almost scary because I don't want to become too dependent on the system, but I don't think I'll become too complacent.
The adaptive cruise control works perfectly as well. I really like the way they did the cruise control in this car, being able to set an exact speed is something that's new to me, but I'm really loving it.
The backup intervention has already saved me once from a man in a pickup truck racing through a parking lot, so I'm incredibly thankful for that!

The controls on the steering wheel are a first for me, and the setup comes naturally to me. Everything is where it should be. Although, just like everyone else, the volume control does lag a couple seconds behind, I still find myself adjusting the control with the knob because when I use the steering buttons I find myself looking at the screen to see how high I'm turning it up. I've always felt more "in control" when I use a knob to adjust the volume.

I've still got a lot more playing around to do with the car and I can't wait to get off work to do just that, but right now I'm completely satisfied with my purchase and I think this car is going to keep me satisfied for a long time. It can only get better from here, so I'm really looking forward to the updates.

Edit: I forgot to mention the tail lights. They are really impressive in person. You just can't see the detail and look of them in a picture. When I first saw them in pictures I was a little disappointed, but once I saw it in person I just thought, "Wow!"

·
Registered
143 Posts
Congratulations

Your ears must be in heaven. My son describes the Q in EV mode as warily quiet.

I had an S2000 for about 6 years and then the IS350 for nearly 8 years.

The S2000 was so loud I to the point that I would avoid taking it for drives over an hour. It was a blast though.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congratulations

Your ears must be in heaven. My son describes the Q in EV mode as warily quiet.

I had an S2000 for about 6 years and then the IS350 for nearly 8 years.

The S2000 was so loud I to the point that I would avoid taking it for drives over an hour. It was a blast though.
In terms of noise, it's night and day! I could never talk on the phone in my S2000, and being able to talk through the car makes things so much easier and safer!

Pics or it didn't happen. :mad:

(Congrats)
Lol, I'll have pics up as soon as I can get the car properly washed. It's love bug season down here and they are just pelting my car left and right!

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Congrats man! Enjoy your Q50 and +1 on the pics! :D

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Pics!!! Pics!!! Pic!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.