Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Woohoo! After 2+ months of shopping around and finding the colors/options I want, I picked up my vehicle yesterday. Black/Black Q50 RWD 3.7 Premium with everything ($52,680 MSRP). Still learning the car and adjusting a bit coming from my 2005 Altima V6.

Car has the latest software but couple things I noticed is that Intouch can be laggy sometimes and sometimes the Bose system sounds a bit funky.. even though they levels are all in the middle, something sounds off with the center-channel, like its trying to turn regular music into bad 5.1 surround sound.. not sure how to explain it.

Next thing is to get paint-protection film (3m, xpel, etc) installed. Any recommendations in the San Diego area?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Congrats on the new ride bro! Have fun with your Q50! :D

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Woohoo! After 2+ months of shopping around and finding the colors/options I want, I picked up my vehicle yesterday. Black/Black Q50 RWD 3.7 Premium with everything ($52,680 MSRP). Still learning the car and adjusting a bit coming from my 2005 Altima V6.

Car has the latest software but couple things I noticed is that Intouch can be laggy sometimes and sometimes the Bose system sounds a bit funky.. even though they levels are all in the middle, something sounds off with the center-channel, like its trying to turn regular music into bad 5.1 surround sound.. not sure how to explain it.

Next thing is to get paint-protection film (3m, xpel, etc) installed. Any recommendations in the San Diego area?
That's a jump... you will enjoy it.
Congrats on the new ride bro! Have fun with your Q50! :D
Yes, ditto:p

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice ride.. Have fun!
BTW CD's sound way better than XM. Give that a try.
I'll give that a try. By the way, I burned like 40 MP3s to a CD and tried playing them, but it gave me a Error reading disc error. I am able to play this on my wife's RX350 though.. I thought this car can read MP3 discs..anyone tried this?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Congrats on the car.

If it's the radio where you have the sound being off sometimes, turn off HD radio.
Sometimes a station will get stuck flipping between HD and Standard and it makes the sound really bad when that happens.

Otherwise, play with the setting in the InTouch.
It has a few settings like trying to make more sound come from the front center speak (I think I turned that off), the drivers stage which I think tries to make the stereo direct the sound as if the driver was the center of the speakers so to speak, and there was one other setting.

·
Registered
573 Posts

·
Registered
4,279 Posts

I notice the base stays pretty level at all volumes while the treble washes everything out at higher volumes. I turned the treble down, but it's something I noticed. Over all, I liked the Bose in my G37 better, but I'm still not exactly complaining about this system either.

·
Registered
75 Posts
8656 Production Ave View Map
San Diego, CA 92121
http://www.modernimage.net
View Phone Number(858) 408-0744

Don't know these guys personally but they should be able to do a great job. I covered my entire Q with Suntek paint protection film.

Front bumper looked difficult but it was a breeze.

Had to put a seam near the C pillar so I didn't have to waste so much film

Designed the roof and made the sunroof just a bit too big :(

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Welcome to the forum, congrats on the new ride!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.