Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put 255 40/19 DWS06+'s on the car and holy s.. getting rid of those runflats (and getting AAA) should be everyones first mod. With my Niche wheels (which aren't very light) and the contis vs the stock wheels and run flats I saved 16 lbs per wheel!! getting rid of 64 lbs of unsprung weight is massive. Can't wait to add the 2 piece rotors eventually. The motor will be spinning almost 100 less lbs at that point! :D

Reactions: rpiotro

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Hah yeah if you look across most of the recommended modifications for the platform Tires are the #1 recommended improvement to make out the gates.
the stock run flats have been trashed relentlessly by the Q50 forums, I think they are still the lowest rated runflat tire on Tirerack. Hah

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,871 Posts
Hah yeah if you look across most of the recommended modifications for the platform Tires are the #1 recommended improvement to make out the gates.
the stock run flats have been trashed relentlessly by the Q50 forums, I think they are still the lowest rated runflat tire on Tirerack. Hah
Not according to Jeffpeds.

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Hah well what can we say we have a long history of odd individuals with the name Jeff.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I have the same size and the same tire going on my car next year. Hows the tire feel? It was a toss up between the Pilot Sport A/S 4 and DWS06+ but the Contis won.

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti Q50 Luxe | Obsidian Black
229 Posts
Those stock run flat tires give 0 traction. I'm getting Yokohama Advan Apex 255 40 19 next.

Reactions: IridiumRS400

·
Registered
2016 Hybrid 3.5 SportTech RWD
1,368 Posts
My first "tune" after less than 50 miles – I went with Conti summer tires...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's definitely a close call with the pilot sport 4s, they are both killer tires. I went through two sets of the DWS06s on my WRX and every year I was amazed at how well they did in the snow and then somehow felt like a high performance summer only tire the rest of the year. I'm assuming the DWS06+ won't be much different on the q50. So far the car feels much more planted and the normal sidewall vs the run flats quiets and softens the ride up nicely.

Reactions: BigHeadClan

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,871 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
went ps4s mostly bc the conti tread pattern looked weak to me. starting to wonder though.
You must take into account that tread patterns are somewhat influenced by aesthetics as well as function.

Marketing department's input is included in almost every product made.

Personally, I put a lot of weight to the experiences of owners of the actual product in question. You see, I am a results guy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.