Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
341 - 360 of 371 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks! Yeah highly recommend RSR regular lowering springs not the super downs, AMS Heat Exchanger (because like you said warranty and infiniti parts sell it) K&N drop in filters or the AMS intake if you want to spend the money and a good cat back. After that enjoy that warranty and maybe sneak in a JB4 down the road lol.
I got an exhaust on the way, Invidia hooked me up. I do plan on doing springs eventually. Do we have problems with heat soaking on the stock heat exchanger? May go for the K&N drop in, trying to stay lowkey on the "performance" mods. Thanks for all the input! I really didn't look into mods for this because i know the rabbit hole it would open up :D . I got an exhaust 4 days after owning the car haha.

Reactions: Bullitt

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I got an exhaust on the way, Invidia hooked me up. I do plan on doing springs eventually. Do we have problems with heat soaking on the stock heat exchanger? May go for the K&N drop in, trying to stay lowkey on the "performance" mods. Thanks for all the input! I really didn't look into mods for this because i know the rabbit hole it would open up :D . I got an exhaust 4 days after owning the car haha.
The rabbit hole goes deep my friend. Yes the heat soak is extremely bad with this car even stock. I recommend if your worried about warranty get the AMS one through Infiniti. It’s not needed right away but definitely worth it.

Reactions: JohnInNH

·
Registered
36 Posts
Picked up some new wheels for the Q. 20x10.5 GTR 10 spokes. Definitely alot of poke for me. But going to see if I can't get the backpad machined down to fit a little better. Love the styling of the wheels though!

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
'15 Premium AWD bone stock. Purchased like 3 weeks ago and has Deluxe Touring and Tech packages. I have plans for wheels and a drop very soon. Pics taken with OnePlus 6T and have a filter applied.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,900 Posts
I just can't warm up to 20" rims. To me they look whip-ish. 18' look better than 20's 19" is the compromise. Midwest Hoonigan's 18's look very nice and were VERY light. All business.

As we used to say in my old bike club "Chrome don't go"
Rims, splitters, spoilers are all very personal. As they say it's your car do what YOU like.

I have nothing against 20's. If I was going to have UHP summer rims n tires I'd go 17" or 18". Being today is wet and 47 deg I'm glad I have UHP A/S tires.

·
Registered
2018 Signature.(sold)
2,763 Posts
I just can't warm up to 20" rims. To me they look whip-ish. 18' look better than 20's 19" is the compromise. Midwest Hoonigan's 18's look very nice and were VERY light. All business.

As we used to say in my old bike club "Chrome don't go"
Rims, splitters, spoilers are all very personal. As they say it's your car do what YOU like.

I have nothing against 20's. If I was going to have UHP summer rims n tires I'd go 17" or 18". Being today is wet and 47 deg I'm glad I have UHP A/S tires.
congrats on the 1800, I'm seriously considering going back to 18", I'm going to put my SS OEM 19" rims on sale, and go keep my RS rims for the winter, Midwest didn't say if he was putting 275 on those rims he just got.

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,900 Posts
I guess he got a really good deal on them. He was closed lipped about where he got them.

·
Registered
2018 Signature.(sold)
2,763 Posts
I guess he got a really good deal on them. He was closed lipped about where he got them.
As he said, he got them off the boat, from Japan, and waiting for the other two.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Tax Return Expenditures:

15% Tint all around and PowerStop Brakes/Rotors (still need to do the rear, got sent the wrong ones)
BTW G37 Sport Rear Rotors DO NOT fit a ‘15 Q50 Sport.

·
Registered
168 Posts
^^^^Beautiful^^^^

Looks SO good with the wheel color.
Almost makes me dislike my black one.

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,900 Posts
Reactions: FLA_Q50VR30

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,900 Posts
I like the blacked out Mt. Fuji emblem. I don't know if it would look funky (like a hole) if removed. If the grill looks fine I would personally just like to remove it.
I am considering removing the rear Mt. Fuji and replacing with the Maserati "trident" emblem. I'm not sure it will fit tho. The Q50 sorta looks like one.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 SS AWD / graphite shadow
16 Posts
for mine, I put one cover for front and one cover for rear, spent about 1 min. only

pretty sure that the rear one can be removed, bcoz the rear one just attached with glue, take a look the youtube link one below

for the front one, I don't think you can remove it *totally*, check the attached picture

Attachments

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,900 Posts
I did this when I removed the rear trunk emblems. Look at my garage for pics.
"IPL" on the driver's side, and "AMS" on the passenger side.

IMHO Infiniti should have kept the "IPL" line. A Q50 RS IPL, with an ECU bump, stiffer springs (+10% front, +5% rear), AMS intakes, and AMS HE.
Infiniti didn't make one so I did.

341 - 360 of 371 Posts