Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, I guess I never really how awesome the Q50 is until I drove the 2013 G37 after 3 weeks of driving my Q50. Holy cow, night and day difference. Infiniti has my Q50 right now looking at the inTouch freezing and other issues, and I currently have a loaner G37. There is no comparison between these 2 cars. Nothing wrong with the G37, but it is definitely dated inside (and out). The most immediate difference I noticed is how loud everything is in the G37 (road noise, engine, etc) and how old the interior looks. The quality of the materials is extremely improved too.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Really interesting perspective. It reminds me how when I do something like upgrading the OS on a device or computer, it is not after I go back to using the prior version for some reason that I realize the extent I appreciate the new functions and features. Windows 8 excluded!

·
Registered
396 Posts
well, it's like how it is in the life... Often people don't apprecaite/miss someone until he/she is gone... :p

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
You never know, she might be feeling the same way.. ;).:p

owell ^^^ :)
Every now and then I like to think so honestly. She texted me last month saying she wished me well and all the happiness in the world. Sadly, I failed to realize how happy she truly made me, because I'm still looking for her in every other girl. Smh. Life goes on though. Lessons learned.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Every now and then I like to think so honestly. She texted me last month saying she wished me well and all the happiness in the world. Sadly, I failed to realize how happy she truly made me, because I'm still looking for her in every other girl. Smh. Life goes on though. Lessons learned.
The amazing part of breaking up is forgetting why you did it to begin with and all the bad stuff that went along with it. If I start getting sentimental I spend an hour with my ex and it all comes rushing back to me. :p

·
Registered
396 Posts
Awwwww, ... :(
what does she drive? Maybe an innocent introduction of Q50 to her... Then the forum... Then oops your post.. :p

The amazing part of breaking up is forgetting why you did it to begin with and all the bad stuff that went along with it. If I start getting sentimental I spend an hour with my ex and it all comes rushing back to me. :p
That says well for your case too! :D. And a very good point from the other side of coin.. :)

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
This thread just became love lines! Hahaha! :D

Reactions: afrosheen

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Wow, I guess I never really how awesome the Q50 is until I drove the 2013 G37 after 3 weeks of driving my Q50. Holy cow, night and day difference. Infiniti has my Q50 right now looking at the inTouch freezing and other issues, and I currently have a loaner G37. There is no comparison between these 2 cars. Nothing wrong with the G37, but it is definitely dated inside (and out). The most immediate difference I noticed is how loud everything is in the G37 (road noise, engine, etc) and how old the interior looks. The quality of the materials is extremely improved too.
I agree the Q50 is better in quality but I miss the roughness of the G37, gave it character. The Q50 is so quiet compared to the G37 and less sporty. Its odd since the G37 sold so well and they changed the character of the new car.

Is the Q50 sold in Japan under the Nissan badge?
Hasn't been sold yet in Japan, which is impeding the ability for aftermarket companies to customize the car. There are tons in the works for the Lexus IS already but nothing for this car so far. I'm not even sure will it be offered as the Nissan Skyline there, maybe it debuts at the Tokyo Auto Show this fall.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Took my car in to my dealer to get the SOS button working. They manage to get it working by enabling the TCU I think. Then, I notice the "Driver Assistance" tab is missing. I and the sale agent can't seem to bring it back. Then, he got a technician working for the dealer and see if he can bring it back. No luck. He decided to try "Factory Reset" in the service mode which result in that the Intouch is not working at all. They have to call in the engineer from Infiniti to come and redo the firmware on my Q50 tomorrow morning.
So, I got a 2012 G37 loaner. The G37 definitely look dated. The seat is hard and uncomfortable. The Bose sound system sound horrible. The steering felt hard and tiresome. The automatic shifting is driving me nuts. The car does drive really nice. The acceleration is quick and light on the feet. Plenty of power.
Compared to my Q50S Hybrid, it just night and day difference in term of everything. Now that I adjusted to Direct Adaptive Steering, I don't think I want to go back to hydraulic steering anymore. DAS to me make it so much easier to steer and not as tiresome. Maybe I am getting old :(

·
Registered
66 Posts
Took my car in to my dealer to get the SOS button working. They manage to get it working by enabling the TCU I think. Then, I notice the "Driver Assistance" tab is missing. I and the sale agent can't seem to bring it back. Then, he got a technician working for the dealer and see if he can bring it back. No luck. He decided to try "Factory Reset" in the service mode which result in that the Intouch is not working at all. They have to call in the engineer from Infiniti to come and redo the firmware on my Q50 tomorrow morning.
So, I got a 2012 G37 loaner. The G37 definitely look dated. The seat is hard and uncomfortable. The Bose sound system sound horrible. The steering felt hard and tiresome. The automatic shifting is driving me nuts. The car does drive really nice. The acceleration is quick and light on the feet. Plenty of power.
Compared to my Q50S Hybrid, it just night and day difference in term of everything. Now that I adjusted to Direct Adaptive Steering, I don't think I want to go back to hydraulic steering anymore. DAS to me make it so much easier to steer and not as tiresome. Maybe I am getting old :(
I was told yesterday that I'll need to have my TCU reset to get my SOS button and Infiniti Connection working as well. With the issues your vehicle had with that, I'm not looking forward to it. Hopefully they are able to get your car sorted out this morning.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I agree 100% about the g

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
The reason my car need to redo the software update is not related to the TCU fixed by the dealer. So don't worry, just take it to them and get your SOS button working.
The real issue I got is the "Driver Assistant" icon is missing and we couldn't figure how to get it back to the Intouch screen. Since the technician at the dealer is not really well trained on the Q50, he tried to use the "Factory Reset" from the service mode and hoping it will bring everything back to default. Unfortunately, that bring down the entire system (Intouch and Navigation) not working at all.
They need to get the Infiniti engineer to come reload the software and maybe looks into my Q50 and see why the "Driver Assistant" icon is gone.
I got a call from the dealer that everything is working now and come pick up the car. Since it's far from where I live, I'll pick it up tomorrow morning. I really miss my Q50. Driving the G37 loaner felt like torturing. I guess I really got spoil by the Q50.

I was told yesterday that I'll need to have my TCU reset to get my SOS button and Infiniti Connection working as well. With the issues your vehicle had with that, I'm not looking forward to it. Hopefully they are able to get your car sorted out this morning.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.