Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My back up camera lines do not come on when I first start the car and put it in reverse. They come on only after a few mins of the car running. Anyone else have this issue?
Also I set the car to start up in sport mode but always starts in standard mode.
The car sent the cops to my house the second day I had it. The cop said he received a SOS call to my location.
Would not turn off the nav screen or the radio even after I would open the door and close it. Had to disconnect battery and touch leads together to get it to turn off.
The nav screen never stays on full screen like I set it to switches to split screen.
Nav voice just stopped on one of my trips.
Anyone have any of these problems?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
My back up camera lines do not come on when I first start the car and put it in reverse. They come on only after a few mins of the car running. Anyone else have this issue?

I think the non-tech Q50 model have this issue.

Also I set the car to start up in sport mode but always starts in standard mode.

This is by design from Infiniti.

The car sent the cops to my house the second day I had it. The cop said he received a SOS call to my location.

Now, this is weird. I would report this to Infiniti.

Would not turn off the nav screen or the radio even after I would open the door and close it. Had to disconnect battery and touch leads together to get it to turn off.

Need more explanation on this.

The nav screen never stays on full screen like I set it to switches to split screen.

It shouldn't stay on full if you switch to split screen, right?

Could be a bug. Did you get the new software update yet?

Nope.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
1) for now, this is the way it works. May be faster when we get the software update to v.2.0.

2) car always starts in standard. Feature, not bug for now.

3 either you pressed the SOS button, or it got engaged somehow. Again, feature not bug. They assume you need help of you press it and can't talk to them.

4) Nav should remember your preferences if you set up a user. Press the map button to get it where you want, and maps should come up as set last time, next time you start the car with that key.

5) Nav voice and/or Nav shutting down mid trip sounds like a bug from the earlier software release. Check to make sure you have latest software update. There are threads on here discussing this.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
66 Posts
The back up lines will not load right away untill the Intouch is fully loaded. If it says "now loading apps" or something like that, you will not get the lines. You still get sonar.

You didnt by mistake hit the SOS button did you?

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
The back up lines will not load right away untill the Intouch is fully loaded. If it says "now loading apps" or something like that, you will not get the lines. You still get sonar.
Well then, I must be special, because the back up lines load immediately for me, while I'm still in the garage. When I back out onto the street, down my 40 foot driveway, the apps are still loading, but the lines are in the view until I take it out of reverse.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
That's because you have the tech package. Q50 with the tech package can backup immediately with the grid lines shown. No need to wait for the apps to finish loading. I guess Infiniti give a little incentive for people that pay a little extra :rolleyes:

Well then, I must be special, because the back up lines load immediately for me, while I'm still in the garage. When I back out onto the street, down my 40 foot driveway, the apps are still loading, but the lines are in the view until I take it out of reverse.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hmmm... maybe I should wait until the v2.0 update to get my Q50 S nav/deluxe. All these posts about glitches has got me seriously worried (especially about ipods and backup cameras which are the features I use most in my current G37 [excluding A/C of course]).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

You didnt by mistake hit the SOS button did you?
Nope, I don't have the sonar I just have the nav package.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hmmm... maybe I should wait until the v2.0 update to get my Q50 S nav/deluxe. All these posts about glitches has got me seriously worried (especially about ipods and backup cameras which are the features I use most in my current G37 [excluding A/C of course]).
Ya I had a g37 nav package and had 0 problems. It's why I felt secure in getting the q50. Now this is going to suck with having these little issues because the dealership is 100 miles away one way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've only seen the lines in my backup camera (non-tech package) a few times since I purchased the car. Waiting a few minutes for the apps to finish loading doesn't seem to get it to work either. I've even tried waiting to move into reverse for a few minutes per other recommendations on this thread with no luck. Strangely, one of the few times it worked right when i turned on the car was when i was getting the SD Card / Nav data issue and I couldn't get the navigation to work.

·
Registered
51 Posts
My car is a week old, and my issues may not be identical to yours, but the gremlins are..

I got my software updated a few days ago, fixed SOME of the bugs... mostly the USB malfunctioning and InTouch freezing/crashing

but sometimes, the volume still freezes at a set level.... back up just turned off by itself, while still in reverse....

Navi screen has crashed TWICE since the update... just went all black...

I've had A LOT of different/brand new cars that were first model year runs...... never in my life, scene soooo many technical issues in under a week

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My car is a week old, and my issues may not be identical to yours, but the gremlins are..

I got my software updated a few days ago, fixed SOME of the bugs... mostly the USB malfunctioning and InTouch freezing/crashing

but sometimes, the volume still freezes at a set level.... back up just turned off by itself, while still in reverse....

Navi screen has crashed TWICE since the update... just went all black...

I've had A LOT of different/brand new cars that were first model year runs...... never in my life, scene soooo many technical issues in under a week
Have had the volume freeze and also when I touch the screen in SXM it sometimes does not respond, when looking at the channels is when it happens. Have not had the screen blackout yet.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I used to experience the Nav voice konking out on me during trips and it was so annoying. I got the dealer to perform the latest update about 2 weeks ago and have not noticed any glitches so far. The only thing I still see is a 2 second delay between commands on the in-touch system. It's a shame that Infiniti put a technologically advanced car out on the road with all of these bugs. Hopefully, these things will all get fixed with future updates.

·
Registered
46 Posts
yes, the backup camera lines come and go, even after the software update. pains of the first year model but glad I have everyone to share with. i still love the car and that's what gets me through the annoyances but it is a little much

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.