Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Usually this is of of the first mods out for vehicles. I haven't seen one yet for the Q. Now, I understand there is debate about these kits. Personally, I saw success with these on my heavily modified 350Z, and while there was no noticeable "performance gain", I did notice the shifting on the G37 to be a bit quicker on the response when using the paddles.

I would like to see a more definitive testing of these kits. Considering the amount of gadgetry in the Q, especially one with all the bells and whistles, I cant think of a reason not to try... given the minimal costs involved.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
I was just speaking with someone about grounding kits. The last time I installed one was on my 2005 Maxima. While the value of the kits is somewhat debatable, I did see improvements in the shifting on my Maxima and the rear windows rolled up faster. So, it did provide some benefit. I'd be hesitant to put one in my hybrid Q50 due to the extra electronics and battery but a 3.7 may be fair game.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just saw on Stillen's website that they are listing the grounding kit for the Q50...

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Ten*K, your on crack.

IF you think any modern car isn't properly and thoroughly grounded....wow.

Secondly, in your own words, how does further grounding improve the power of the car.

Is it somehow providing a bigger spark in the engine?? Other?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ten*K, your on crack.

IF you think any modern car isn't properly and thoroughly grounded....wow.

Secondly, in your own words, how does further grounding improve the power of the car.

Is it somehow providing a bigger spark in the engine?? Other?
YOU'RE.

Juvenille.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I had a 2011 G37S sedan for about a year before I tried a grounding kit.

It doesn't make the car any more powerful, but it massively sped up the speed of my transmission shifts in sport mode.

I can't explain the reason why, but it did indeed have a very perceptible change. The Q might benefit from the same.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had a 2011 G37S sedan for about a year before I tried a grounding kit.

It doesn't make the car any more powerful, but it massively sped up the speed of my transmission shifts in sport mode.

I can't explain the reason why, but it did indeed have a very perceptible change. The Q might benefit from the same.
Which is what I clearly stated in my original post, for those who didn't bother to actually read it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
From what I've researched is that grounding on cars pre 2008 or so are inadequatley grounded. I put a kit on my heavily modded 03 maxima with pretty noticeable results. The newer cars have been grounded better so the kits are more for visual appeal mostly. Not saying that they won't improve the overall conductivity of the electrical system but that's up for debate. They look cool though....

·
Registered
610 Posts
The one on my G37 was not really visible at all, b/c that wasn't the reason for putting it in.
Maybe Infiniti has sub-par grounding points. Who knows.

I want to try a kit on the Q and see if there are any results. Maybe the car is properly grounded now, so there won't be any change.
Alternatively, it could be the same or worse than a G37 and there could be more marked improvements.

Who wants to be the guinea pig? :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
I also have the Q50S hYBRID AWD. I thought all the q50's had the battery in the trunk.
Anyways I was very curious if this would do anything noticeable to my car.
If your battery is in the trunk on a Hybrid then that would be difficult to run the wires because the kit grounds off of the negative terminal on the battery. Probably not worth the effort and probably not a noticeable improvement to be worth it. My .02

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.