Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took these pictures a little over a month ago and decided to throw them up in case anyone wants to see what the head and taillights look like. The interior is an interesting two tone with Maple. If you squint you can see the paddle shifters next to the steering wheel. This thing was on a turntable and walled off so I couldn't get close enough for good interior shots.

Even though it was missing the S badge on the rear, I was assured this was the Sport trim due to the front bumper style. The non-Sport lines around the ducts below the headlights turn upwards and it doesn't bulge at the corners. Also the front grille is chromed on the non-Sport as well as the eyelids above the LED lower drive lights. These parts are black on the Sport, but, probably for show, the grille was chromed on this Sport model.

The headlights are stunning and the taillights are even better. Look closely at both and you'll see the falcon eye design mirrored from front to rear. This is really good, consistent design language. I was on the fence about owning a light blue car but after seeing this in person I was sold, and this color is exclusive to the Q50 for now.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Nice! I wonder y I havent seen this! Thanks for pointing this out on another thread! Wanted to see how the fog lights looked turned on!

I do wonder if the fog lights have a changeable bulb or an integrated LED! I think it would look sick with yellow 3000K fog lights on the Moonlight White Q50! Probably another mod to add to the list! :D

Reactions: afrosheen

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice! I wonder y I havent seen this! Thanks for pointing this out on another thread! Wanted to see how the fog lights looked turned on!

I do wonder if the fog lights have a changeable bulb or an integrated LED! I think it would look sick with yellow 3000K fog lights on the Moonlight White Q50! Probably another mod to add to the list! :D
Look carefully at the first pic. See the shape of the fog light "light" dispersion? I think it's a hexagonal panel of LEDs behind a projector lens. I'm sure someone will come out with a bolt-on kit for different colored LED driving lights in the future if there's a demand for it.

And you're welcome for the pics! I thought they turned out well for an iPhone but I really wanted to show everyone clear pics of the lights on. I even had the booth chicks turn on the lights for my pics. They said they normally keep them off at shows so they don't blind people, but as soon as they turned them on, it attracted attention and people started gathering around. I really love the taillight design, it's so deep and detailed. You will instantly recognize one of these from behind on the highway.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Awww that sucks but yea, as soon as theres demand for it, third party manufacturers will surely make some!

Yea, think thats one of the nice traits of infiniti! The distinct look on their lights! G35 is so recognizable and I usually start when me and my friends convoy @ night since they can easily spot me incase they lag behind! But now even the front will be distinct thanks to those gorgeous eyes! :D

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Took these pictures a little over a month ago and decided to throw them up in case anyone wants to see what the head and taillights look like. The interior is an interesting two tone with Maple. If you squint you can see the paddle shifters next to the steering wheel. This thing was on a turntable and walled off so I couldn't get close enough for good interior shots.

Even though it was missing the S badge on the rear, I was assured this was the Sport trim due to the front bumper style. The non-Sport lines around the ducts below the headlights turn upwards and it doesn't bulge at the corners. Also the front grille is chromed on the non-Sport as well as the eyelids above the LED lower drive lights. These parts are black on the Sport, but, probably for show, the grille was chromed on this Sport model.

The headlights are stunning and the taillights are even better. Look closely at both and you'll see the falcon eye design mirrored from front to rear. This is really good, consistent design language. I was on the fence about owning a light blue car but after seeing this in person I was sold, and this color is exclusive to the Q50 for now.
That is the first time I have seen the Q50 tail lamps illuminated. It looks really unique not like anything i have seen before. The color is really growing on me too since I have seen it at the autoshow up close. No doubt in my mind that this is one of the nicest infiniti to date.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
That is the first time I have seen the Q50 tail lamps illuminated. It looks really unique not like anything i have seen before. The color is really growing on me too since I have seen it at the autoshow up close. No doubt in my mind that this is one of the nicest infiniti to date.
The tailight design of the G's have always been one of their most distinct attributes--it's immediately recognizable for me. I'm glad they're going out of the way to upkeep that distinctiveness without going overboard.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
The tailight design of the G's have always been one of their most distinct attributes--it's immediately recognizable for me. I'm glad they're going out of the way to upkeep that distinctiveness without going overboard.
Good point. I think Infiniti has been good with always keeping it's designs unique to it's brand no matter how different it's new designs get. Although the Infiniti Q50 seems to be shaped like a Jaguar to me, it still looks very infiniti.

gotta love the q50 tail light design...

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Seems liek the LED brow orginated in front headlights first where we saw it in mercedes, bmw and lexus. But Now its being brought to the rear end too on the tail lamps. I like how the half crescent strips light up on the Q50. Definitely unique and nice.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Seems liek the LED brow orginated in front headlights first where we saw it in mercedes, bmw and lexus. But Now its being brought to the rear end too on the tail lamps. I like how the half crescent strips light up on the Q50. Definitely unique and nice.
Bear with me while I get artsy-fartsy for a moment and think this thing, overall, is such a brilliant design. TLDR incoming, you have been warned.

For years, Infiniti has sought to blend elements of nature into design. The "double wave" element that echoes from the hood to the driver's instrument cowl, to the sides of the vehicle (first explored on the Essence). The Forest Breeze A/C control system in the M37, which is very cool in practice. The throwback patterns and colors that pay homage to Japanese steel in armaments and swords. The aluminum trim brush pattern was washi and has evolved to kacchu. Ironically, kacchu is a type of armor worn by samurai that were higher class, and therefore more protective and decorative. In abstract, a vehicle is armor for you...and you're a high class samurai in an Infiniti. Hilarious right, but it makes sense too. :)

Hagane blue is taken from the high carbon blade steel color in the finest handmade samurai swords. Even the thrust of the power delivery was supposed to be wave-like, with a smooth ramp upwards towards a crest as power peaks and you hit the next wave (gear). I'm not making this stuff up; as crazy as it sounds, it's intentional.

In the new headlight and taillight design, if you remove the LED brow, you see something different. A nautilus, complete with the sectional lines running outwards from the center wall. The Fibonacci sequence. A spiral staircase leading upwards from below. This curve is based on the golden ratio which has been used to measure proportion and beauty for centuries, which isn't surprising, considering Shiro Nakamura, head of design, is the son of a famous Japanese architect.

Hope you learned something and didn't die from boredom. :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Bear with me while I get artsy-fartsy for a moment and think this thing, overall, is such a brilliant design. TLDR incoming, you have been warned.

For years, Infiniti has sought to blend elements of nature into design. The "double wave" element that echoes from the hood to the driver's instrument cowl, to the sides of the vehicle (first explored on the Essence). The Forest Breeze A/C control system in the M37, which is very cool in practice. The throwback patterns and colors that pay homage to Japanese steel in armaments and swords. The aluminum trim brush pattern was washi and has evolved to kacchu. Ironically, kacchu is a type of armor worn by samurai that were higher class, and therefore more protective and decorative. In abstract, a vehicle is armor for you...and you're a high class samurai in an Infiniti. Hilarious right, but it makes sense too. :)

Hagane blue is taken from the high carbon blade steel color in the finest handmade samurai swords. Even the thrust of the power delivery was supposed to be wave-like, with a smooth ramp upwards towards a crest as power peaks and you hit the next wave (gear). I'm not making this stuff up; as crazy as it sounds, it's intentional.

In the new headlight and taillight design, if you remove the LED brow, you see something different. A nautilus, complete with the sectional lines running outwards from the center wall. The Fibonacci sequence. A spiral staircase leading upwards from below. This curve is based on the golden ratio which has been used to measure proportion and beauty for centuries, which isn't surprising, considering Shiro Nakamura, head of design, is the son of a famous Japanese architect.

Hope you learned something and didn't die from boredom. :cool:

I'm kidding!
:D

That's wasn't a TL;DR at all for me. You know, I've definitely picked up on that kind of artistic mentality that has been recently been ingrained in Infiniti since 2010 or so. It's probably too subtle for most people to care about, but I'm pretty impressed by your specific knowledge on this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.