Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I just bought a 2014 Q50 and it seems to randomly “swerve” at time but almost seems more like a wiggle as the back and the front feel like they’re going opposite ways. It also seems to not handle great like I’ll go over some rocks or a bump and the steering wheel goes all over and I feel like I have to control the wheel so the car doesn’t go all over but not in an alignment way like it doesn’t seem to just drift one way it just seems like it wants to go all over the place and I was wondering if this is normal or common with this car? I’m trying to figure out if this is just how these cars drive or not. Any info is appreciated thanks!

·
Registered
6,778 Posts
Could be a lot of things, is your model equipped with the standard steering rack or DAS? The tires or suspension components may be worn out, the tires not being rated for colder weather or simply the nature of a higher powered RWD car hard to say without knowing what car you drove previously as well.

Did the car behave this way during the test drive? Did a mechanic look it over and give it a clean bill of heath?

These cars can ride a bit harshly especially with run flat tires but it should track strait and settle pretty quick over road impacts and such, the only time you may notice a "Wiggle" at the back is when the active trace control turns on in a tighter turn to allow the car to turn in more sharply. Would feel like the rear is almost on coasters, it's an odd feeling when your first experience it admittedly.

Reactions: rpiotro

·
Premium Member
Infiniti Q50 '17 Redsport, Dynamic Sunstone. Trunk Strong Arm struts. Red
235 Posts
100% my bet is on the run-flat tires. That wiggle description brings back the memories. LOL:D

·
Registered
6,778 Posts
100% my bet is on the run-flat tires. That wiggle description brings back the memories. LOL:D
Aye its a 2014 though and used a different tire from the factory if my memory is trustworthy, although I could see a dealership using the run-flats as a replacement tire as they would fit and be in stock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts