Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
But it isn't me.

No, my fellow waiting compatriots, it was my friend. One of the Infiniti High Muckitty Mucks. Pulled right in to the parking lot in a fully loaded Venetian Ruby Q50. Granted, given his position and involvement in bringing the new series of Q's online, he is certainly entitled. But that little green monster inside my head started poking my left temporal lobe, and I admit to becoming very... if only for a moment... jealous. But he snuck me some peaks at the new Q30 concept. So, I'm better now.

The Ruby looks very good in person. The web images simply do not do it justice.

In an effort to assist the manager at my Infiniti dealership, I offered to also accept the Graphite Shadow in addition to Obsidian. I certainly hope to have it by Monday. If not, I may go buy a new Chevy Spark to sacrifice upon a pyre to please the automotive gods in Japan.

And the wait continues...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Got the call today. Come pick up your new Q50. I had to cut my work day short but that was ok. Metro Infiniti in Monrovia Calif. has about 32 Q50 available. If your tired of waiting they may have the one your looking for. Ask for Billy Adams well informed salesman will help you from start to finish. Tell him liljoe sent you.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
But it isn't me.

No, my fellow waiting compatriots, it was my friend. One of the Infiniti High Muckitty Mucks. Pulled right in to the parking lot in a fully loaded Venetian Ruby Q50. Granted, given his position and involvement in bringing the new series of Q's online, he is certainly entitled. But that little green monster inside my head started poking my left temporal lobe, and I admit to becoming very... if only for a moment... jealous. But he snuck me some peaks at the new Q30 concept. So, I'm better now.

In an effort to assist the manager at my Infiniti dealership, I offered to also accept the Graphite Shadow in addition to Obsidian. I certainly hope to have it by Monday. If not, I may go buy a new Chevy Spark to sacrifice upon a pyre to please the automotive gods in Japan.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's driving MY Venetian Ruby! As they say, it's not what you know, but who you know. :mad:

·
Registered
302 Posts
But it isn't me.

Was this a Q50S AWD? If so, IT IS MINE!

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
I think I now have the record for the latest pre-order delivery date. They are telling me my Aug 13 date is now scheduled for October.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Wifey may notice a color change!
Did I mention she is very near sighted? In truth, we always take her car when going somewhere together, as she tends to get motion sickness if I am driving my car. With her Murano, it's much harder to drive in the "spirited" manner that I normally do when alone. I can honestly say she has been in my last two cars less than 10 times total.

I see .. this calls for a neat scotch!

I'll tack this onto my list of concerns when I speak to Infiniti Management tomorrow. I'll tell them 'Ten*K' told me so! :eek:

Good man on the single malt. I actually like people who drink blended Scotches. It keeps the price down on my Macallans. And Balveine. And Glenlivet Nadurra, which I love. And Dalwhinne. But I don't drink it neat. I add just a few drops of filtered water to blossom the whisky (releases hidden flavors masked by the alcohol ethers). And of course, I only drink it in Glencairn glasses. However much I do like it (and I really do like it), I am laying off it (and other delicious forms of tasty spirits and brews) for the next few months while I am getting back in shape.

After all, it would be a shame if all those Infiniti engineers spent all that time to reduce the Q's weight by 110 pounds if I'm carting an unnecessary 20 around the middle. I think of it as "unsprung weight".

·
Registered
302 Posts
Did I mention she is very near sighted? In truth, we always take her car when going somewhere together, as she tends to get motion sickness if I am driving my car. With her Murano, it's much harder to drive in the "spirited" manner that I normally do when alone. I can honestly say she has been in my last two cars less than 10 times total.

Good man on the single malt. I actually like people who drink blended Scotches. It keeps the price down on my Macallans. And Balveine. And Glenlivet Nadurra, which I love. And Dalwhinne. But I don't drink it neat. I add just a few drops of filtered water to blossom the whisky (releases hidden flavors masked by the alcohol ethers). And of course, I only drink it in Glencairn glasses. However much I do like it (and I really do like it), I am laying off it (and other delicious forms of tasty spirits and brews) for the next few months while I am getting back in shape.

After all, it would be a shame if all those Infiniti engineers spent all that time to reduce the Q's weight by 110 pounds if I'm carting an unnecessary 20 around the middle. I think of it as "unsprung weight".
I actually drink Glenlivet and Macallans, usually on the rocks. Though, you sound like a ' professional' scotch drinker . ;)

Reactions: Ten*K

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
My wife has a Murano too. She loves the car. But I tease her because she drives like a grandma.

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
I actually drink Glenlivet and Macallans, usually on the rocks. Though, you sound like a ' professional' scotch drinker . ;)
I've got a great link to an awesome single malt club that sells limited quantity, amazing whiskey if anyone is interested. Just started myself.

So much for the weight shaving of the car . . .

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Without sounding like snob, I hope. You can also try a small red wine glass. Pour two ounces in, and take a light wiff. Then stick your nose right in the glass and give the vapors a good snort. Finally, take a small sip and roll it around your mouth while exhaling through your nose.

Harsh, isn't it? Now, add 5 to 7 drops of filtered water (iron in tap water actually causes a reaction which kills the complex taste molecules in Scotch, including ice!). Now repeat the smell/taste process. How very different, isn't it. It's o.k., you don't have to thank me.

Now you know... and knowing is half the battle. The other half is mother-in-laws.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Does neat bourbon count? Cuz that's what I'm drinking :)
A bourbon like Maker's has a fantastic change in flavor profile when going from neat to adding a single small ice cube. Most bourbons will become much sweeter and woody. And yes, you can use ice in bourbons, whiskey (note the spelling... Scotch is "whisky", and only Maker's Mark is bourbon whisky). In fact, around most of the world, if you order "whiskey", you will get served a Scotch, not something like Jack Daniels.

I would add, however, that there is a special place in Hades for anyone who mixes any single malt over 12 years of age with soda. Or juice. Or anything. And remember, always enjoy responsibly. Just because you had several glasses of hooch, doesn't mean you should try frying bacon without pants on.

Thanks folks. All this talk is helping to distract me from the Q50S AWD that is still not my garage.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.