Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now that it's getting dark early, coming home tonight i noticed all the hard buttons are dark. all the climate controls, the track ff rew etc, even the volume knob.
did infiniti really not illuminate these buttons? i couldnt see where the button was for the audio screen

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Do you have your headlights turned on?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Also check your interior light rheostat on the left side of the steering wheel just above the trunk release. It should be the "+" and "-" buttons. Try pressing the "+" button a few times.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Did you also adjust the IP lighting level?
IP lighting level? What is that? I raised the light level for the instruments to 100%, and there are still no illuminated switches on the steering wheel.

I looked through both manuals, and can not find any mention of illuminated steering wheel switches. In fact, the switches seem to be mentioned in only one place("here they are"). Does anyone know where in the manual the lights on the steering wheel are mentioned - if the switches ARE supposed to be lit when the lights are on? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Wow I'm blushing. I had my lights turned off. Didn't even realize it. Once I set to auto this morning everything lit right up.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Hahaha! I knew it! The reason I know though is because I was guilty of the same thing! Hahaha! :D:eek:

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Hahaha! I knew it! The reason I know though is because I was guilty of the same thing! Hahaha! :D:eek:
So, you're saying that switches are supposed to be illuminated when the headlights are on? If so, is there something I have to do on InTouch to make it happen? I can't find anything in the manuals that give any kind of clue.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
So, you're saying that switches are supposed to be illuminated when the headlights are on? If so, is there something I have to do on InTouch to make it happen? I can't find anything in the manuals that give any kind of clue.
When your headlights are on, the buttons light up.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
When your headlights are on, the buttons light up.
O.K., in the vernacular of the day: "My Bad."([email protected], I've always hated that expression!) I just checked, and sure enough, the switches did light up. The effect during the day is hard to see, but I started the car in the garage, turned on the lights, covered the switches, and you can see that they're on. One less thing to be concerned about.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.