Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Red Sport, and wondered if anyone has installed and tried this device, which makes the throttle response configurable. I do a lot of stop and go driving in highly congested Toronto, and love to get in front of others / change lanes from off the line. Was wondering if this is a good, cheap option to improve my off the line performance.

Thanks!

Casey

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
For $300-$400 CDN that honestly isn't worth it, better off snagging a JB4 unit and that would make the car feel far more responsive by adding more power
and torque not just adjusting throttle response of the car.

If you get a full on tune this would be included by default as well.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
I would agree with BHC. If you want power off the line for a bit more money, get a JB4. A pedal tuner is a gimmick IMHO. It doesn't provide any performance improvement at all. A full tune would be better but costs a lot more money and there are bolt-ons you would want to add first (CBE, LDP, etc.) before a tune to get the most out of it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Throw it in sport mode and step 10% harder on the accelerator. The money would be well better spent on a JB4 or towards a tune.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I had this on my manual C6 Corvette and it made a HUGE difference, but for a different application. The response was INSTANT with zero lag with it turned up all the way, so if you wanted to break traction mid-turn, it made that very easy without needing to worry about lag timing.
For your purpose it’s useless. If you can get one used for half the price, I would.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts