Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced what I have been experiencing with the two computer screens in a 2014 Q 50S. If you have how have the technicians resolved the problem?

I have found that I start the car up and put the car in reverse as the computer screens are booting up. The back up camera comes on fine and then I drive forward. Then as I am driving both screens go black and then reboot. They keep doing this same thing over and over again every few minutes while I am driving.

I would find it odd that I would have to not put my car in reverse till both computer screens completely booted up as sometimes it can take a few minutes before both screens completely boot up.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have encountered this problem but it doesn't seem to happen as often as yours. Need to bring it in for service soon.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Welcome to the club. Just had mine replaced today. The connect system still doesn't work and I haven't driven it long enough to know if it has fixed the screens going out yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

Leased the 2015 Q50 AWD Premium last Saturday, the issue with the navigation screen going black occurred after I drove away from the dealership. It happened again, where the entire system (navigation and radio) powered off while I was driving. Went back to the dealership Monday (President's Day), and the Service Center kept the car. Apparently, the unit behind the navigation screen / system (Unit A) is defective and has to be replaced. Infiniti is now shipping the newer 2015 cars with Unit B. So, I don't have a car at least for 2 weeks.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Hi,

Leased the 2015 Q5 AWD Premium last Saturday, the issue with the navigation screen going black occurred after I drove away from the dealership. It happened again, where the entire system (navigation and radio) powered off while I was driving. Went back to the dealership Monday (President's Day), and the Service Center kept the car. Apparently, the unit behind the navigation screen / system (Unit A) is defective and has to be replaced. Infiniti is now shipping the newer 2015 cars with Unit B. So, I don't have a car at least for 2 weeks.
What a sure sh*tty way to start your new car ownership :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Stopped by the Infiniti Dealership today, sales rep said he would make sure the situation is taken care of when I pick up my car. Of course, I hve loaner car #2. By the time I get my car back, I would have driven every car Infiniti has.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Infiniti sent a service engineer to meet me at my service center today and they are determining if the update wasn't installed properly or if the unit you guys are speaking of needs to replaced... still waiting to hear back.

·
Registered
144 Posts
The issue I had with the screen was just a glowing (white) screen.
Drove to work about 15mins away restarted at lunch and was fine.
This happened off and on then I finally took it to dealer and they replaced something and never happens agin.

·
Registered
2 Posts
There are significant software issues with the 2014 Q50. The InTouch system is useless. The InTouch system is seriously dangerous to use while driving. You’re forced to take your eyes off the road while playing an IT detective to resolve issues. The system reboots randomly while driving at which point I lose all electronics’ including interior console lights, speedometer, tachometer and climate control. I’ve taken my car to the dealer several times and they were not able to recreate my issues. I started carrying a video camera to document my issues.

I am unable to stream BT music. The dealer asked what type of phone I use and when I said iPhone, he responded with “InTouch was designed to be used with Android”. I used my wife’s Android with the same results. I cannot switch between an iPod connection and FM radio. While playing music in random mode using an iPod connection, if a song is the last song on an album, the system will lock up at the end of a song until the car is rebooted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi all,

So I meet up with the mechanic at Infiniti as he couldn't get my car to replicate what I was telling him. The one thing Infiniti changed out was the DCU unit but even after they put in a new one I kept getting the same problem happen. Then when I met up with the Mechanic through trial and error we figured out that my phone was not compatible with the car and thus causing the screens to constantly reboot. So what I did was unpair my Samsung Galaxy S4 and I have had no more problems with rebooting. I'm getting frustrated cause I see some people on other threads saying they are using an Android software even newer than what is in a Galaxy S4 and not having any problems....ugh.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having this issue now. Both computers are constantly rebooting. Did you get yours replaced? Remember how much it was?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Both mine were constantly rebooting once a day during the winter time. Dealer found there was a bulletin regarding software update for the Intouch system. Don't know if it fixed it but its not winter here anymore and it hasn't rebooted since.

The software update also fixes the reverse camera being on when your driving as well as a bunch of other issues

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,510 Posts
I'm having this issue now. Both computers are constantly rebooting. Did you get yours replaced? Remember how much it was?

Your other post indicates only the lower display is doing this. This post seems to indicate both displays (not computers) are affected. Which is it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just bought a 2014 Q50, beautiful car, asi picked it up I could see both screens had brightness turn down and could barely read "maps loading" when igot he from buying it I had to read all the owners manuals to figure out how to turn brightness up, after I did I was able to see that nothing worked, the Navi map came on and off, radio is stuck on a channel and the audio along with every function accociated with screens doesn't work. , I don't have a phone paired to car, how can I unpair a previous owners phone to see if that fixes car ?

·
Registered
442 Posts
So bumping this up. Both screens were periodically resetting during winter time, software reset did not fix it but the frequency did go down. Infiniti approved replacement of the DCU (display control unit), they just installed it last week, and the day of picking up my car and driving home it was resetting already and has been resetting maybe 1-2 times a day during my long highway commutes to work. Heck, I'd like the old DCU back at this point

Anyone have these symptoms and get repaired to finally fix it?Cars still under warranty but it took them forever to approve the DCU so I'd like to steer them the right direction

·
Registered
442 Posts
Nobody having issues with this?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts