Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
Just picked up my Graphite Q50 last week and love it. I am trying to set up the best seating position and have been experimenting with different set-ups. However, it seems that the set positioning of the headrest keeps it in a position that rests it against the back of my head while driving. As per the Owners Manual, I have the height set so that the middle of my ears are level with the mid-point of the headrest. My question is if it is correct positioning to have my head resting on the rest or is there a way of adjusting it so that it does not? Any thoughts on correct positioning of the headrest? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
I've had one customer complain that the headrest was too far forward for her. I think it was partly because she's very skinny and therefore sits more rear-ward in the seat (side bolsters don't touch her and hold her a little forward). She couldn't find a setting/height for the headrest that made her happy. She eventually turned the headrest around backwards and was happy with that. I don't really recommend doing that because it probably compromises the protection the headrest affords. But in her case, it made her happy.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think that as far as safety is concerned you are supposed to have the top of the headrest line-up with the top of your head. Your head should actually touch the head rest when you are leaning back right about at the top of your ears. It is important that you are comfortable, but it is more important that you are safe. The head rest positioning is very important when you get in an accident. It prevents a lot of neck injuries, or rather can be the cause of injuries if you position it wrong.

I remember learning this when I got my license. You could probably check out your state's driver's manual and it will have a little section telling you how to adjust your head rest properly.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I think that as far as safety is concerned you are supposed to have the top of the headrest line-up with the top of your head. Your head should actually touch the head rest when you are leaning back right about at the top of your ears. It is important that you are comfortable, but it is more important that you are safe. The head rest positioning is very important when you get in an accident. It prevents a lot of neck injuries, or rather can be the cause of injuries if you position it wrong.

I remember learning this when I got my license. You could probably check out your state's driver's manual and it will have a little section telling you how to adjust your head rest properly.
This is correct. My rule of thumb is to make sure you're sitting up straight with the seat pushed back enough that your arms have a little bend in them allowing you to steer comfortably and the head rest up 3/4 of your head.

that for me and many people works well. Some people will like the headrest higher up though.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Seems to me that you need to make sure that the head rest is comfortable, and then do a little pretend crash scenario where you throw your head back and feel if the head rest seems like it is in the right place. 3/4 up your head is generally the safest and most comfortable place to put your head rest though.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
I've had one customer complain that the headrest was too far forward for her. I think it was partly because she's very skinny and therefore sits more rear-ward in the seat (side bolsters don't touch her and hold her a little forward).
I'm not what most people would call skinny but I'm also having trouble getting comfortable with the headrest. I think my problem is that I'm short and even putting the headrest in the lowest position causes it to push my head far enough forward that I can't sit up straight.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is a problem my wife encounters with every car we look at because she is short and the headrest is pushing her head forward. We finally found a car that does not have this problem-our 2016 Corvette Stingray. I which Infinity would consider an adjustable headrest in the future because we really like the way that car drives and would like to purchase one if the headrest problem could be corrected. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.