Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was driving my 2017 Q50 3.0t regularly and then when i got out of my car I realized the my right headlight isn't working. these are two brand new OEM headlights and both of them have worked for months. i was driving again then I realized that i seen an headlight system error malfunction came up. the drl's still work on both its just the passenger side headlight. can anyone help?

·
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
7,300 Posts
While it could be that your right headlight has somehow failed, I would check the fuses first if you haven't already. Your DRL's are fused separately from the front combination headlight's fuses so that could explain why they still work.

You need to check the right combination headlight fuses ( #42 and #44 ) in the IPDM E/R (Intelligent Power Distribution Module Engine Room) that is located next to the battery. The headlight low beam and high beam relays service both sides so they shouldn't be the problem either. If both fuses are good, then you should consider taking the car in for further diagnosis before replacing the headlight in case it might be something else. As I'm sure you already have found out, the combination headlights are pretty spendy.

Is there no warranty on the replacement OEM headlights? Did you buy and replace them yourself?

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
...how did you end up needing two new headlights in a 2017? Has it been in a wreck?
Aye he had a front end collision if I recall and has had a few issues with electronics since then, but as Avedis said fuses are a quick and easy check
if not dealership visit would be for the best.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Is this the same car that you rebuilt?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah and it wasn't badly damaged. i only needed one new headlight but just replaced both. i also noticed that there is condensation in the headlight. The car was i wouldn't say rebuilt but the front end was repaired. needed a new radiator condenser the brackets a fender, new hood, and bumber and that was it, it was perfectly fine it was my father with that camera that messed up the electronics so ill save that for another day lol. but now im riding around with one bulb working and i don't want to get a ticket

1 - 6 of 6 Posts