Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 Infiniti Q50 Premium. 70k miles(highway). After Driving car 20mins, there will be a tremendous amount of heat coming from under the hood.. We're talking early a.m when temperature outside isn't bad at all After 30mins of driving I can start to feel heat in cabin on my legs the check engine light isn't on, the temp gauge is fine.. don't recall this being an issue last summer. I have no mods on this car only a rear axle back. That I had done two years ago. What could be causing this heat buildup? I checked no leaks, cars maintenance is on point.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,133 Posts
Do your electric fans come on? Ambient temp? Radiator full?

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
2014 Infiniti Q50 Premium. 70k miles(highway). After Driving car 20mins, there will be a tremendous amount of heat coming from under the hood.. We're talking early a.m when temperature outside isn't bad at all After 30mins of driving I can start to feel heat in cabin on my legs the check engine light isn't on, the temp gauge is fine.. don't recall this being an issue last summer. I have no mods on this car only a rear axle back. That I had done two years ago. What could be causing this heat buildup? I checked no leaks, cars maintenance is on point.
As per John's post check those things first as those are easy fixes, otherwise heat issues like that are typically due to heating issues when no error is reported.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2015 3.7 q50 and i got the same problem. It gets so hot inside the cabin on my legs also.

Dealer sais that it's "normal" witch i find odd and my car is still under warranty.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heres some pictures to where an insert is cut open leading to engine bay. This confirms the A/C issues for driver side. The hood sits almost flush with engine. Which doesn't allow heat to circulate and exit. This insert wasnt OEM but rather an attempt to clear heat. After the engine bay is full of hot air trying to escape it ultimately finds its way through this insert which leads right to legs, I've seen posts on here some where drivers soles on shoes have melted! It's gets so hot that the metal frame under seat is burning hot. Temp guage isn't indicating overheat, I tested to make sure guage wasn't stuck. When I take off engine cover I find it helps A lot! Still some heats from inset but not nearly as much.. This causes the A/C actuator to melt which leads to the A/C issue on drivers side. Again this only takes place on drivers side. Radiator is full, no leaks, fans turn on both filters are clean, mass air flow Clean.. Like I said the hood is shaped odd and sits damn near flush with engine cover on. No where for heat to go that insert was a fail attempt to relieve heat and flows right into cabin..

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
3,824 Posts
There is nothing worse than when you are casually driving along in your Q50, minding your own business, and the soles of your shoes start to melt.

·
Registered
939 Posts
There is nothing worse than when you are casually driving along in your Q50, minding your own business, and the soles of your shoes start to melt.
😂 😂

Reactions: ptatohed
1 - 7 of 7 Posts