Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
I did the BMS heat exchanger as well things I have noticed in a back to back comparo (I know not in dictionary can't believe we have spell checkers) not only CAT's (charge air temperature) lower but and recover faster, but coolant temp was consistently lower as well as oil temp. I did my install on 4th of July weekend went up to Boston from NJ did install up there and drove there and back during 95+ heat both ways coolant and oil were about 10 degrees cooler temps. I think that where the bms sits it's a couple inches away from radiator and doesn't get a hot as stock and when the stock one gets heat soaked it acts like a heat sink to the radiator. Also I think it is more of a factor in non redsports since they don't air cooled oil cooler but use one of those bricks and radiator to cool oil. I would highly recommend upgrading HE what ever one that makes sense to you. I know some people run it in tandem with stock but my concern would be stock ones location and non redsport only having one pump. My next upgrade will be a better pump or adding a second pump like redsport. Does anyone know the gpm on stock pump, also fyi are pump/pumps work at 38% duty cycle in non boost and 76-78% when in boost. With Ecutek you can override for up to 10 minutes via the app wish there was way to run 100% all the time...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Slightly high but operating fine. When you installed the BMS, did you keep the OEM HX intact and run it in tandem with the BMS HX or just remove the OEM? I run a Frozen Boost 101 in tandem with my OEM and my temps are almost ways within 10 degrees of the outside temp
My shop completely replaced the stock HX with the burger unit. The reservoir was a little low but not empty and I topped it off. I know there can be some issues from air in the system, but I would think I would be experiencing much higher temps. The ambient temp this morning was 80 and my trans temp showed 98-103. Just seems a bit high. Can anyone else with the burger unit offer input?

·
Registered
471 Posts
My shop completely replaced the stock HX with the burger unit. The reservoir was a little low but not empty and I topped it off. I know there can be some issues from air in the system, but I would think I would be experiencing much higher temps. The ambient temp this morning was 80 and my trans temp showed 98-103. Just seems a bit high. Can anyone else with the burger unit offer input?
You're overthinking it, if you see that temp get to 150F after a run or 2, there is an issue. Track your coolant reservoir for the HX and ensure it does not go above min. After a few weeks and it's stable, you're good to go.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
You're overthinking it, if you see that temp get to 150F after a run or 2, there is an issue. Track your coolant reservoir for the HX and ensure it does not go above min. After a few weeks and it's stable, you're good to go.
Will do! I realize I am probably being OCD about the temps but I want to make sure I'm protecting my investment. On a side note, what does pulling timing refer to? Is it the hesitation I used to feel prior to the upgrade? Are there any parameters I could see on the JB4 that would show this? Thank you all again!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Will do! I realize I am probably being OCD about the temps but I want to make sure I'm protecting my investment. On a side note, what does pulling timing refer to? Is it the hesitation I used to feel prior to the upgrade? Are there any parameters I could see on the JB4 that would show this? Thank you all again!
https://www.enginebuildermag.com/20...g-making-maximum-power-means-knowing-science/

Pulling Timing for the ECU = Losing power as a result of the ECU protecting the car.

Just monitor your trans temps (charge air coolant temp) in JB4.

You'll do damage if you run on low coolant after the install and don't notice it. That's important to track post install. Once it normalizes, you're fine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Good topic, I will have the AMS HE installed in the next month. It's been over 100 in the Philadelphia region lately, so it's very much needed.

·
Registered
2019 Q50 Luxe RWD
888 Posts
What are the dimensions of the BMS heat exchanger, does anyone know or recall? I can't seem to find it anywhere online

·
Registered
39 Posts
Good topic, I will have the AMS HE installed in the next month. It's been over 100 in the Philadelphia region lately, so it's very much needed.

Hi Apex - I’m in the Philly area and happy to connect locally. Please send a private message if interested. I have lots of mods for my 2018 Q50 Red Sport AWD, as follows:
BMS JB4 w/Map 1 - 8
BMS Fuel Wires
BMS WMI Kit
AMS Red Alpha Cold Air Intakes
Megan Racing LDP
Tanabe Y-Pipe
Mishimoto Oil Catch Can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey bud, sounds like a nice setup you have there! I am in the process of adding my bolt-ons and will get a tune later this month, we should definitely look to meet up, I'll definitely message you. :cool:

Hi Apex - I’m in the Philly area and happy to connect locally. Please send a private message if interested. I have lots of mods for my 2018 Q50 Red Sport AWD, as follows:
BMS JB4 w/Map 1 - 8
BMS Fuel Wires
BMS WMI Kit
Megan Racing LDP
Tanabe Y-Pipe
Mishimoto Oil Catch Can

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Update: Took the Q back to the shop for a follow up. They attempted to bleed it again and had to add another 1/2 gallon of coolant. It's performing much better now!

Reactions: u1arunit

·
Registered
2 Posts
BMS JB4 w/Map 1 - 8
BMS Fuel Wires
BMS WMI Kit
Megan Racing LDP
Tanabe Y-Pipe
Mishimoto Oil Catch Can

I have the exact same setup as you on my Q50s (except with BMS intakes). Im actually a BMS vendor, and was looking into getting the WMI kit, but i always hear mixed reviews on it. What was your experience with it? Any reliability or sensor issues? Noticeable power gain?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have the exact same setup as you on my Q50s (except with BMS intakes). Im actually a BMS vendor, and was looking into getting the WMI kit, but i always hear mixed reviews on it. What was your experience with it? Any reliability or sensor issues? Noticeable power gain?
Not a single issue. WMI performed very well, with significant torque gains and less turbo lag. I haven’t been running since I installed the Killer Chiller, but plan to use in the new Z

·
Premium Member
Allen, Texas
479 Posts
21 - 36 of 36 Posts