Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so Ive researched that having just lower down pipes (not full down pipes) on your exhaust will cause excessive heat and potential problems to the engine (check engine light) and cause un healthy pressure stated in one of boost in motions video’s im curious too if this will cause problems for my car because i want to run lower down pipes with my muffler delete or just get a Y pipe instead Note not trying to achieve the loudest exhaust noise just decent sound and power !

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
3,850 Posts
Okay so Ive researched that having just lower down pipes (not full down pipes) on your exhaust will cause excessive heat and potential problems to the engine (check engine light) and cause un healthy pressure stated in one of boost in motions video’s im curious too if this will cause problems for my car because i want to run lower down pipes with my muffler delete or just get a Y pipe instead Note not trying to achieve the loudest exhaust noise just decent sound and power !

Umm.... No.

And.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry about that just been hard finding expert advice/ reference. What would you recommend the best setup for me Y-pipe & axelback or lower downpipe and axelback

·
Registered
2016 Infiniti Q50 AWD Premium
199 Posts
Sorry about that just been hard finding expert advice/ reference. What would you recommend the best setup for me Y-pipe & axelback or lower downpipe and axelback
why not pair your LDP with a ypipe/midpipe combo (rev9 or tanabe your only choices, other than custom) OR toast the axle back and pair a CBE with your LDP

its pages and pages of info here of exhaust + youtube has dozens of videos of installed exhaust on Q50s. its all in your preference of exhaust note + how deep ya pockets are.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,142 Posts
LDP & Cat Back exhaust system.

Don't cheap out as you will end up selling what you hastily put in to do it right later on after researching fully. Axle back only makes noise no power.

I don't know what year your car is, so assuming it's a 3.0T. 2016+ If it's a 3.7 that's totally different.

Edit to add your location and edit your signature to show what car you have, mods etc.

Makes answering your questions a lot easier for us.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,992 Posts
LDP & Cat Back exhaust system.

Don't cheap out as you will end up selling what you hastily put in to do it right later on after researching fully. Axle back only makes noise no power.

I don't know what year your car is, so assuming it's a 3.0T. 2016+ If it's a 3.7 that's totally different.

Edit to add your location and edit your signature to show what car you have, mods etc.

Makes answering your questions a lot easier for us.
Hence this:

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
3,850 Posts
I recommend LDPs with a designed CB with resonators and nice sized mufflers. Good luck!

Reactions: BigHeadClan

·
Registered
210 Posts
Like others have said. Definitely LDP + CBE.

Although, I do see people run just AMS LDP w/o check engine light though.

Reactions: BigHeadClan

·
Registered
941 Posts
You will be fine with the LDPs and no check engine light. I've run them un-tuned and now tuned with no problems. No heat issues either.

Also I vote for the LDPs and quality CBE as well!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts