Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't see it anywhere but this car doesn't have heated steering wheel eh?

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rear wheel drive with nav, deluxe touring, and tech

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Never mind. Found it. Only the AWD has it. That sucks

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think it only on the AWD and the cars available in Canada. I have it on my car and I have to say I love it. It heats up in about 20 seconds and makes you want to drive with both hands completely wrapped around the steering wheel. I think it is a better application of direct heating than the heated seats!

Now if only infiniti would offer cooled seats, then I would be in heaven!

·
Registered
139 Posts
thats not true, im RWD and i've got it.
If you have a RWD Q-50, I'm gonna have to say you're mistaken. Heated steering wheels only come with AWD models.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Wrong again. Im pretty sure my hands aremt crazy. I will take a picture tomorrow and show you guys. Under the climate section I have 3 buttons to operate main hvac controls. One of which is a steering wheel heater. Im in canada so my car could ne specced differently from the american Q50 but my Q50S RWD is fully loaded. Only thing that wasnt an option on my car was the safety gadgest such as blind spot lane departure ect. The checklist of the option included when i ordered the car also highlights the heated wheel option.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think it only on the AWD and the cars available in Canada. I have it on my car and I have to say I love it. It heats up in about 20 seconds and makes you want to drive with both hands completely wrapped around the steering wheel. I think it is a better application of direct heating than the heated seats!

Yes it is nice when it's cold out and you forgot your gloves

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts

See above - standard on AWD and models in Canada.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Im in canada so my car could ne specced differently from the american Q50 but my Q50S RWD is fully loaded./QUOTE]

Ok, sorry. Didn't catch you were in Canada. I guess that Infiniti specs Canadian Q-50's differently than US models. But at the same time, that really pisses me off. Why not make that an option on American RWD Q-50's as well? Why wouldn't a Q-50 owner in Montana or Michigan or upstate New York not desire a heated steering wheel on a RWD Q-50 just like the ones a few miles up over the border who can get that option?? I would have paid a little extra to have that on my RWD model! I just didn't want AWD with the extra weight/lower MPG. Just because it hardly ever snows way down here in Texas, doesn't mean I wouldn't like a warm steering wheel on cold mornings! Come on Infiniti marketing, pull your heads-out and think about how you configure your cars!!! :mad:

Reactions: Klamalama

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Bothers me too. Correct me if im wrong but I believe canadian Q50s dont even have packages called deluxe touring, tech package, nav package. When purchasing the rwd q50s it was either fully loaded or base. However I know theres more variations in the awd section

·
Registered
47 Posts
RWD without steering heater !
Had a loaner for 2 days on which that heater became one of the coolest feature for me. Now as my new Q50 arrived at the dealer and I picked it up, that cool heater went missing ! It's silly logic, heated seats are available but they couldn't add the steering.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.