Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  1. Hey guys! I have two questions about heat in the 2014 Q50. First, when I use the front window defrost I can't get heat to the cabin at the same time, is there a way? Second, I have an after market remote start but the car won't start with the rear defrost on even though I set it up before I shut it off previously. The front windshield defrost stays on luckily. Is that just the way it is or does someone know better?

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
  1. Hey guys! I have two questions about heat in the 2014 Q50. First, when I use the front window defrost I can't get heat to the cabin at the same time, is there a way? Second, I have an after market remote start but the car won't start with the rear defrost on even though I set it up before I shut it off previously. The front windshield defrost stays on luckily. Is that just the way it is or does someone know better?
When the front window defrost is turned on, the defrost air mix door opens, the foot door closes and the ventilator door closes. A/C is turned on (outside temp > 23 deg) and the AUTO switch turns off. This is not user adjustable to my knowledge.

The rear defrost will always reset to the OFF position when the car is shut off or after 15 minutes of defrost operation. That's just the way it is.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

1. When the front window defrost is turned on, the defrost air mix door opens, the foot door closes and the ventilator door closes. A/C is turned on (outside temp > 23 deg) and the AUTO switch turns off. This is not user adjustable to my knowledge.

The rear defrost will always reset to the OFF position when the car is shut off or after 15 minutes of defrost operation. That's just the way it is.
    Thanks for the info

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
You can manually set the distribution to split between the floor outlets and the defroster outlets. At least on my car.

I have no idea if setting that ahead of time will stay that way when using auto start. You could always do an experiment.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Also check your intelligent key system, the remote start module shows up as another user/key. Either turn off the i-key system or remote start and set the HVAC the way you want before you do the key takeover.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also check your intelligent key system, the remote start module shows up as another user/key. Either turn off the i-key system or remote start and set the HVAC the way you want before you do the key takeover.
Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts