Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I leased my new Hagane Blue Infiniti Q50S 3.7 fully-loaded back around Thanksgiving last year and even joined this forum shortly after that. But I hadn't had the time to post anything, so I figured I'd finally fix that and show off some pics :D

My previous car was a 2011 Lexus CT200h. With the CT's lease being up, I had my heart all set on getting the 2014 Lexus IS. I know I'm crazy posting this remark in an Infiniti forum, but I really love the way that car looks and thought it handled very well as a driver's car. What killed it for me was that I found the IS's seats to be quite uncomfortable. I think Lexus was trying too hard to go for a sporty look and feel to their seats, and as a result I was getting aches even during the test drive. I was lucky to get a loaner for a few days, and driving almost 200 miles on that confirmed my suspicion that the IS wasn't going to work for me.

My GF is a huge fan of Infiniti (her dream vehicle is the G37 convertible) and she nudged me to visit the Infiniti dealership. After an hour long test drive with the salesman, I was convinced the Q50 would be the car for me and got the deal done.

Having had the car for two months and 2000+ miles now, the Q50 has been a great car. The handling is nice and the power terrific. I've had many compliments from passerby and passengers alike, and the large trunk space has already come in handy a few times. I haven't had any issues at all with the DAS (knock-on-wood), and like playing around between heavy and normal steering settings. The Intouch system, on the other hand, seems to have a glitch every other week, though mostly minor things like the audio system or navigation not working to the start-up delays. Bluetooth audio sucks with my iPhone 5, as the music constantly skips and jitters. I've kinda given up on it and just try to remember to plug in the iPhone through USB. So overall, Intouch is really my only complaint about the Q50. Otherwise it's a great car overall and I'm excited to be part of this community!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Fully Loaded. Congrats.

I went with the cable as well on the Iphone5 just because of the sound quality.
To me it's noticeably better vs BT.
It kind of sucks BT can't stream uncompressed.

For Lexus, I think the IS is pretty well liked by most people on the forum from what I have seen. :cool:
Nobody hates on it.

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Welcome fellow Hagane Blue Q50 driver!!

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
Am I the only person that can tell if I am looking at my city when I look at pics. I don't why when looking at that first pic I immediately thought "Houston" to only look over at your location under your avatar to see that you're actually in Houston! Weird. Maybe I have parked in that garage before or something.

Anyway, NICE! I love Hagane Blue.

Also would have been hilarious if you had parking spot G37. Lol

·
Registered
410 Posts
I should've gotten Hagane Blue.. was in a rush and got what they had (Graphite Shadow) even though it now has problems lol.. ahhh patience's is a virtue...

db26- welcome! nice color

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
+1 on G45... It would be cool picture if you put it on G37!

Just curiosity and I know there is a thread describing this already but I just want to know your feedback. I had a thought of getting CT200h before but after trying it, I immediately disappointed due to the power. Back then, the MPG was not very impressive and NISSAN altima had a lot of more power than that with close to CT mpg. This is the reason why I want to know your opinion on the driving dynamic between IS and Q. Which IS version did you try? 2014 IS 350?
I was bias to Infiniti earlier due to G and thought IS 350 was so so in term of price and performance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone!

NissLover - I took those pics at the Mark condos in the Galleria, so maybe that looked familiar.

toinfiniti - The CT certainly is under-powered compared to the IS and certainly the Q50. I tested both the 250 and 350 and they were indeed more powerful than the CT, with the 350 almost comparable to the Q50. Dynamics wise, the IS and Q50S both have firm rides and little body roll in curves. But the IS feels like a smaller car that seems more fun to throw into curves, with go-kart like handling. The Q50 may be a bigger car, but it felt more solid and better-built IMHO. I don't think you can go wrong with the IS over the Q50, or vice-versa. I simply chose the car that was more comfortable for me.

As for spot G37, I checked earlier today and someone else was parked in it. Maybe I can snag it at some point for a photo op :D

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Thanks db26,
That's exactly what I thought too. I do feel Q50 a little bigger too. Probably the wider stance makes it feel that way. (I haven't checked the measurement but just feeling them during test drive). The good news is Q50 got the best for space in this class which is really working for me.

Congrat on your purchase and welcome to the group.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.