Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help.
How to you add Navigation(turn-by-turn) list to the Vehicle Display Information (the display between the RPM and MPH gauge)?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hmmmm..... Mine was there by default. However, there is a menu to do it. I added "Chasis Control" (what is that?) It hasn't told me anything yet.

I think it is somewhere one tab over in the main settings menu.

While we're at it, how do I turn off the map Split Screen while I'm getting navigation guidance? The pop ups are fine when I have to make a turn or something, but I would prefer just the full screen map while navigating so I can see all the traffic, etc.

I have played with the settings, but I can't seem to get rid of it.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was managed to add the "Turn List" and "Chasis Control" before they redo my software update. After they redo the software update on my car, all those extra apps seem to be gone. I guess another trip to the dealer :(
As for the split screen map, I haven't try to turn it off yet. I'm sure there is a way to do it. Hopefully someone can chime in.

Hmmmm..... Mine was there by default. However, there is a menu to do it. I added "Chasis Control" (what is that?) It hasn't told me anything yet.

While we're at it, how do I turn off the map Split Screen while I'm getting navigation guidance? The pop ups are fine when I have to make a turn or something, but I would prefer just the full screen map while navigating so I can see all the traffic, etc.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Just go into your InTouch settings. I believe it is under the display settings. Enable the things you want and disable what you do not.

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Go to section 9-9 in the In-Touch manual for the instructions on split screen, if you are already doing these steps and it still isn't working, may be a bug??

Page 2-27 in the regular users manual for the vehicle information display. Obviously, nothing will show in the display if you don't have a destination set. Looks like its simply using the VID buttons on the steering wheel to toggle through all of the available options on the screen. Again, if that isn't working,might be a bug.

Just to warn you - Instructions in manual, aren't super great for some of these things,

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Settings, meter, main menu settings...then click whatever you want. They go away every time you do a "reboot" by holding down the power button. Its a bug.

Reactions: InfinitiPlusOne

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you. With your suggestion, I manage to found it.
It is located under Settings --> Meter --> Main Menu Selection

Here I am keep on thinking it's from the App Garage or an Intouch issue.

Just go into your InTouch settings. I believe it is under the display settings. Enable the things you want and disable what you do not.

·
Registered
66 Posts

Chassis Control shows when brakes are being applied to specific wheels during cornering when active trace control is turned on.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Chassis control is cool. If you have a Tech car. The grid lines will be flat until you turn on all the active Driver Assist functions. Then the grid will become a half-pipe shape. When you get going on the freeway above about 40mph, the blue lines will start to 'glow', indicating that the car is reading the lines on the road. At this point, you should be able to drive like Mrkalu - i.e. let the Active Lane Control do its thing and keep the car centered in the lane.

I believe it also shows off when Active Trace Control is doing its thing, although I haven't had a chance to really check this out.

Posts above tell you how to control what functions appear on the Meter display. (Settings-Meter-Main). Keep in mind though that they vary based on the user you select.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Interesting, I have to poke around with this when I get home before I take my car in to the dealer. I didn't know you could select chassis control on the VID screen.

Reactions: Mrkalu

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Chassis control is cool. If you have a Tech car. The grid lines will be flat until you turn on all the active Driver Assist functions. Then the grid will become a half-pipe shape. When you get going on the freeway above about 40mph, the blue lines will start to 'glow', indicating that the car is reading the lines on the road. At this point, you should be able to drive like Mrkalu - i.e. let the Active Lane Control do its thing and keep the car centered in the lane.

I believe it also shows off when Active Trace Control is doing its thing, although I haven't had a chance to really check this out.

Posts above tell you how to control what functions appear on the Meter display. (Settings-Meter-Main). Keep in mind though that they vary based on the user you select.
Thanks, I hadn't been able to figure out what the heck that was. Now I will try it when I get my car back.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Another thing you can do is go to settings, then Meter, then Alarms. If you turn on Navigation there, the navigation information will pop up for every turn even if you're on a different screen. After the turn, it goes back to whatever screen you had it on. I like this way since I don't care about navigation info except when I have a turn coming.

·
Registered
150 Posts

haha thanks for the reference but I didn't know about chassis control. I will go activate now. Thanks guys!

Thanks, I hadn't been able to figure out what the heck that was. Now I will try it when I get my car back.
How long will they be working on your car Aggie?

Another thing you can do is go to settings, then Meter, then Alarms. If you turn on Navigation there, the navigation information will pop up for every turn even if you're on a different screen. After the turn, it goes back to whatever screen you had it on. I like this way since I don't care about navigation info except when I have a turn coming.
DUDE! get out. Okay thanks!

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Wow, didn't know this existed, but def was hoping it did! Thanx for the tip; I love this forum. :D

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Awesome! Now I have to set it up tomorrow.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.