Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
Gulfport, Mississippi
49 Posts
If the lane departure warning on the Kia is anything like that on the Q50, I am glad I don't have that feature. It was driving me bonkers!
We have a Hyundai Palisade and the lane departure warning will give you a heart attack. It scares me nearly every time. Fortunately it can be switched off and will stay off until you turn it back on. It's a bit sensitive to me and when driving on a 2-lane road it will drive you nuts!

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
6,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Well, got a call from Infiniti and my claim is being denied because Infiniti did not do my last oil change. :cry: I was under the strong impression I could do my own oil changes if I documented everything, used the correct oil/filter, used the right torque spec, etc. Which I do.

If anyone can help me fight this, I'd appreciate it. :cry:

·
Premium Member
3,039 Posts
Well, got a call from Infiniti and my claim is being denied because Infiniti did not do my last oil change. :cry: I was under the strong impression I could do my own oil changes if I documented everything, used the correct oil/filter, used the right torque spec, etc. Which I do.

cant win tater.

if infiniti had tightened it last time and you took it in again and the tech couldnt get it to come out, you would be covered.

the problem is proving it wasnt your abuse or lack of proper torque spec.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts

You are covered under warranty when servicing the car yourself and being able to use non-OEM parts, but you would have to provide proof that you torqued the drain plug properly which isn't really possible to prove.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
You're sunk.

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
4,639 Posts
Throw your torque wrench through their front window.

Reactions: jodedor

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
6,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
On the phone with Infiniti Consumer Affairs right now... fingers crossed

·
Registered
Spartanburg, SC 2016 RS Q50
571 Posts
On the phone with Infiniti Consumer Affairs right now... fingers crossed
Good luck. They didn't back me up when i called about oily turbos.
They told me they had to go with what the dealership told them.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
6,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
No luck with Consumer Affairs. The warranty booklet lists the recourse actions in this order. Dealer, Infiniti Consumer Affairs, then the BBB Auto Line. I may (but probably not) try to file a complaint with the BBB.

A frickin oil change is in the Do-it-yourself section of the Owner's Manual! The warranty booklet says a denial of warranty is likely only when copies of all maintenance records and receipts are not available for review by Infiniti. I wasn't even asked to present mine for review. ICA just told me that my car does not have enough history of service at Infiniti. Well, no S, I maintain my car myself.

I found out that they had the oil pan off before they realized it's not covered. So, I have new oil but the same filter and pan. Arrgghhh.

The lower oil pan is part # 11110-5CA2A. I'm pretty sure it comes with a drain plug and washer. I can't tell if it comes with the gasket. It looks like it does in some pics. The pan seems to be over $200 most places. I found one for $92 but it's out of stock.

Z1 has it for $206 and I swear the pic shows the gasket already on the pan yet they sell the gasket separately at $50.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,790 Posts
I have a local GM dealership do all my fluid changes so I have a written invoice for each. I hope that's enough evidence for Infiniti or I'm screwed too.

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
Fumoto valve FTW. Sorry Spudley about your misfortune.

·
Premium Member
3,039 Posts
No luck with Consumer Affairs. The warranty booklet lists the recourse actions in this order. Dealer, Infiniti Consumer Affairs, then the BBB Auto Line. I may (but probably not) try to file a complaint with the BBB.

A frickin oil change is in the Do-it-yourself section of the Owner's Manual! The warranty booklet says a denial of warranty is likely only when copies of all maintenance records and receipts are not available for review by Infiniti. I wasn't even asked to present mine for review. ICA just told me that my car does not have enough history of service at Infiniti. Well, no S, I maintain my car myself.

I found out that they had the oil pan off before they realized it's not covered. So, I have new oil but the same filter and pan. Arrgghhh.

The lower oil pan is part # 11110-5CA2A. I'm pretty sure it comes with a drain plug and washer. I can't tell if it comes with the gasket. It looks like it does in some pics. The pan seems to be over $200 most places. I found one for $92 but it's out of stock.

Z1 has it for $206 and I swear the pic shows the gasket already on the pan yet they sell the gasket separately at $50.
Does the Q50 have an oil pan gasket?

Arent you supposed to use something like a permatex gasket maker?

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,790 Posts
Does the Q50 have an oil pan gasket?

Arent you supposed to use something like a permatex gasket maker?
There is no gasket. Oil pan bolts 80 in-lb torque.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
6,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Z1 lists this Part #: 11121-5CB1B Gasket along with their pan. Title reads 4WD, description says RWD. :confused:

It is a separate part sold by Infiniti called Gasket - Oil Pan. And it seems to be for the lower oil pan.

I'm starting to think the rubber gasket comes attached to the pan.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
6,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
There is no gasket. Oil pan bolts 80 in-lb torque.

View attachment 101591
Z1 lists this Part #: 11121-5CB1B Gasket along with their pan. Title reads 4WD, description says RWD. :confused:

It is a separate part sold by Infiniti called Gasket - Oil Pan. And it seems to be for the lower oil pan.

I'm starting to think the rubber gasket comes attached to the pan.

View attachment 101592
Look at post #70. Looks like a gasket to me.

@Avedis53 your post above with the liquid gasket I think is the upper oil pan to block, not the lower oil pan (the plastic one) to the upper oil pan.

Spud, 53 already answered in a previous post that the bolts can be reused.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
6,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
Calling @IridiumRS400 to be so kind as to link me to the cheapest part # 11110-5CA2A. Thanks in advance. :)

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
6,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
Hey Spud, is there enough surface area on the metal insert to JB Weld it to the plastic pan?

Reactions: BigHeadClan
81 - 100 of 113 Posts