Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work at Infiniti and the first thing I want to do to my new Q50s is new wheels. I have not bought wheels for a rig for many years and in the past always had the assistance of the those that worked at wheel shops.

Nowadays with the internet shopping it is so nice with a plethora of options. Only thing is I dunno how the back spacing thing works, what backspacing you need with a concave wheel (ultimately what I'm after) ect ect.

I have the AWD for the snow as I live in SLC Utah. I understand the staggered look is non applicable in AWD.

Really I was hoping to start a thread with a bunch of options for wheels that are KNOWN to work or will Definitely work.

Once I understand the backspacing gig I will really start adding as well. If the photoshop experts would like to floss thier skills and create a visual of the wheel on car that I ve already seen on the site that would rock as well.

I love JDM wheels, 3 piece wheels, forged wheels ect but I may even go with a direct replacement for the 19"s till summer and invest in something really nice. I might even go cheap cast just for my first set....i dunno.

This could be a ideal thread to see all wheels that work if we all contribute that have wheel fetishes. :) this is my idea because the last couple days has made me dizzy with shopping....

School me on what to look for and its on!

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
There are so many options when it comes to wheels but how about you show us a sample on what look you want to go for! You like 5 spoke, 7 spoke, 8 spoke concave wheels? Are you set on 19s?

So far there are ssr, work, avant garde, velgen, vossen, advan, anf volk just to name a few! Look into what style/design u like and look what fits into your budget! If you are in a tight budget, consider the size as well cuz the tires u will be getting have different prices as well! For some reason 19" tires are more expensive than 20s so thats something to consider if ever!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was just saying any that would work....like I was saying the apllicable backspacing is what really throws me off.

I will start throwing a few that I dig.

First one that got away at our dealership....lasted one day on the showroom.... 20" M37 wheels really fills the gap nice, no altered suspension.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking 19" now just to tide me over till coilovers are released and I can use my current tires for a minute...

Rays/Volks knockoff

What wheel is this? Does it work?

May be overkill/busy on the lines of a q50 but these are good looking.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Those weds are actually worth considering! Basically, from what tanabe said when they measure my wheel clearance, we have the same clearance as the G37 so you're probably looking at high 30s or low 40s! Also check out yokohama/advans! They have the the same styling!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
is that 1000$ per corner ?

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
is that 1000$ per corner ?
For the varstoens, that should be the staggered set since they're cast and replicas!

Only ones that would be in that price range should be forged monoblock wheels!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here is a stupid question....back in the day when you changed the diameter from stock it would throw off the speedometer....is that still the case or since it's digital it auto adjusts, or does it need calibration?

Inquiring minds want to know.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Some more goodness....

These would look amazing on my graphite Q50s

These would be bold to say the least I dunno if I could swing it but on graphite would be very cool

A fav

This would be bold but I know I could pull it off. I've seen gold on graphite it pops like crazy with a cool contrast that just works somehow.

This is a nice pic

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I agree with what you were saying with the step lip...just makes them look so small on the car when they have tires to complete.

So what's the widest wheel we can run just the 8.5..7. Would 9" rub? Or would it depend on the back spacing. So confusing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.