Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may remember me from oh like 10 years ago or so. Since then I have had everything From a R8 Competition highly modified to a modified NSX. Currently there is a week old huayra r in our garage. Among others. We decided to see what could really be done with the Q50 platform. Started with a 2021 Redsport, every hard option. Except of course Proactive and Performance. Out goes the 3.0 system entirely. In goes the complete 3.8 package. R.I.P. Godzilla. Yes, we sacrificed a brand new one just for this project. Starting with, turbos clipped. Fully programmable Piggyback ECM with integrated brake/launch control.160 pound injectors. Water to air intercoolers. Modine copper radiator. Fully custom headers and exhaust w/cats.24PSI boost.Vacuum collector.Custom conical cold air intake. Hi-PO cams. Last Dyno 782WHP.

Fully adjustable KYB suspension(remote, electric). All proper gauges.Including rich/lean. 20 inch 305x30 slicks. Weight saved to nearly gutted. Carried over the 6 speed tranny. 7 speed is slow and could not mate to that plate. Paddles are functional. Of course a lot of metal was cut and a lot of ingenuity used. To make this fit and functional. Bracing was then applied and mig welded to meet DOT specs. The bar over the motor is 2.5 inches in diameter. A 3.5 inch bar in the trunk. A large wing added to deck lid for down force. Brakes changed to 16 inch full ceramic 8 piston on all four.

I am sure I missed a lot, such as 450 man hours. It was just to see what could be done when money is not an object. It is not really as "nice" as a stock Q50. It is a race car. It sounds like it too.It has non adjustable carbon fiber shell front seats only. With 5 point harnesses. It is street legal and has plates. Perhaps someone here has the bad luck of meeting it at a stop light. Honestly, it is a bit squirelly.

I have nothing to prove. I just wanted to share what a madman could do. If no one believes it good for you. I am not going to reply to negative comments. Or supposed trick questions. I do not know everything about it. I only paid for it all. The above was a partial list one of the builders left for us. The quarter mile was achieved at Great Lakes Dragaway in Wisconsin where it resides near by. That was the first and probably only pass. I really do not care to break something. It was not even a great launch. For the record, the huayra r is a lot faster.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,871 Posts
Some of you may remember me from oh like 10 years ago or so. Since then I have had everything From a R8 Competition highly modified to a modified NSX. Currently there is a week old huayra r in our garage. Among others. We decided to see what could really be done with the Q50 platform. Started with a 2021 Redsport, every hard option. Except of course Proactive and Performance. Out goes the 3.0 system entirely. In goes the complete 3.8 package. R.I.P. Godzilla. Yes, we sacrificed a brand new one just for this project. Starting with, turbos clipped. Fully programmable Piggyback ECM with integrated brake/launch control.160 pound injectors. Water to air intercoolers. Modine copper radiator. Fully custom headers and exhaust w/cats.24PSI boost.Vacuum collector.Custom conical cold air intake. Hi-PO cams. Last Dyno 782WHP.

Fully adjustable KYB suspension(remote, electric). All proper gauges.Including rich/lean. 20 inch 305x30 slicks. Weight saved to nearly gutted. Carried over the 6 speed tranny. 7 speed is slow and could not mate to that plate. Paddles are functional. Of course a lot of metal was cut and a lot of ingenuity used. To make this fit and functional. Bracing was then applied and mig welded to meet DOT specs. The bar over the motor is 2.5 inches in diameter. A 3.5 inch bar in the trunk. A large wing added to deck lid for down force. Brakes changed to 16 inch full ceramic 8 piston on all four.

I am sure I missed a lot, such as 450 man hours. It was just to see what could be done when money is not an object. It is not really as "nice" as a stock Q50. It is a race car. It sounds like it too.It has non adjustable carbon fiber shell front seats only. With 5 point harnesses. It is street legal and has plates. Perhaps someone here has the bad luck of meeting it at a stop light. Honestly, it is a bit squirelly.

I have nothing to prove. I just wanted to share what a madman could do. If no one believes it good for you. I am not going to reply to negative comments. Or supposed trick questions. I do not know everything about it. I only paid for it all. The above was a partial list one of the builders left for us. The quarter mile was achieved at Great Lakes Dragaway in Wisconsin where it resides near by. That was the first and probably only pass. I really do not care to break something. It was not even a great launch. For the record, the huayra r is a lot faster.
How about some pictures of your car? We'd like to see it and the engine compartment. The time slip would be cool also.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Pretty sure this is a troll post. No one 'sacrifices' a brand new GT-R just to get the drivetrain from it. I've also never heard of anyone who works on VR motors talk about injectors in 'pounds' and no cc's. Not to mention how OP just casually throws in he has a huayra sitting in the garage.

Reactions: Q60NH

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,673 Posts
This sounds like a dream build for many of us. Sharing some pics of the engine bay would be amazing. Love to see how it all fits.

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
401 Posts
Great lakes dragway isnt open for the season yet until April so this would have had to be last year

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,673 Posts
Great lakes dragway isnt open for the season yet until April so this would have had to be last year
He’s rich, you don’t think he just bought the lake to do a run?

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,900 Posts
How much of a NASCAR Ford Probe is from a Ford Probe? Not much of a Q left. I wonder how it is on long trips?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Meh..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All of you folks so far have been much more polite than I expected. You never really know.....

Blackhawk77, Indeed last year very end of season. Cold air did not hurt the motor but grip was another story. It was still better than I had expected. It has more in it. I am not doing it again however. I did not mention that it is AWD. Now with 4 wheel torque vectoring and limited slip wet clutch.

17awdq50p, I probably could. Especially since they rent it out. I know those folks. Money speaks to them. Up until about 3 day's ago. Even now it is not even safe at all. Plus one person will draw attention to no full roll cage. Under 10.5 seconds that is a requirement. I still wanted to pull off getting plates on it. It is way under 10.5. Although if I bought them out perhaps they do not even care. I have no clue. That is a good idea if I ever did another car. I really do not want to be alongside someone.

JohninNH, you pretty much hit the nail on the head. This car is honestly not a Q50 by any stretch. I do not see any big deal. Or anything hard to believe. Don't you folks watch all those shows where they do this stuff? You just have to keep in mind it is not at all any longer a Q50. I was really just attracting attention. It cannot be called a Q50 any longer.

I have a lot of pics. I am not sure yet that I want to give it all away. Really not trolling here. You know at race night absolutely no one lifts their hood until after cash is exchanged. Anyways, you folks are bound to start saying it looks like a hack job etc. It is as good as this kind of stuff gets.

I really appreciate that everyone has been civil thus far. I understand that this is touchy.

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,900 Posts
Like the guy who put a Cummins B59 in a Mustang. He calls it his Smokestand.

Why, because he can.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,871 Posts
All of you folks so far have been much more polite than I expected. You never really know.....

Blackhawk77, Indeed last year very end of season. Cold air did not hurt the motor but grip was another story. It was still better than I had expected. It has more in it. I am not doing it again however. I did not mention that it is AWD. Now with 4 wheel torque vectoring and limited slip wet clutch.

17awdq50p, I probably could. Especially since they rent it out. I know those folks. Money speaks to them. Up until about 3 day's ago. Even now it is not even safe at all. Plus one person will draw attention to no full roll cage. Under 10.5 seconds that is a requirement. I still wanted to pull off getting plates on it. It is way under 10.5. Although if I bought them out perhaps they do not even care. I have no clue. That is a good idea if I ever did another car. I really do not want to be alongside someone.

JohninNH, you pretty much hit the nail on the head. This car is honestly not a Q50 by any stretch. I do not see any big deal. Or anything hard to believe. Don't you folks watch all those shows where they do this stuff? You just have to keep in mind it is not at all any longer a Q50. I was really just attracting attention. It cannot be called a Q50 any longer.

I have a lot of pics. I am not sure yet that I want to give it all away. Really not trolling here. You know at race night absolutely no one lifts their hood until after cash is exchanged. Anyways, you folks are bound to start saying it looks like a hack job etc. It is as good as this kind of stuff gets.

I really appreciate that everyone has been civil thus far. I understand that this is touchy.
We're not racing you for pink slips, we just want to see the build. I'm not sure how you could be giving it all away since you posted a laundry list of your mods in your first post. I doubt anyone would be throwing around words like "hack job" if your build is legit.

Why would you put that much money into a project like this and not put in a roll cage? You can't even post exterior pictures or that 8.6 second time slip? Certainly if you built a car like you claim and tracked it only once, you'd take a video of that 8.6 second run. I know I would.

I seriously doubt anyone here considers this "touchy", but I think "skeptical" is probably a better feeling.

I doubt anyone would remember you from 10 years ago as this forum didn't exist that long ago and if you were here from the beginning, why register again less than a day ago?

Bottom line for me...no pictures and no time slip equals a vivid imagination. Besides, if I had a Pagani Huayra worth about $3 million, I wouldn't be trolling this forum in the first place.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,871 Posts
I believe "pics or ban" is the correct phrase.
I'm giving the guy a chance to actually show us what he appears to be very proud of. Why come in here and brag about something if he won't show pictures of it? And while we're at it, how about some pictures of your Pagani? No stock photos, just a picture of your Pagani with a sign showing "Wabbitz" and the current date? That would do it for me.

·
Premium Member
3,903 Posts
why bother tin man. He is goating you but you dont see it.

this is my last post on this subject. you know where I stand.

please delete this thread.

Reactions: u1arunit

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,871 Posts
why bother tin man. He is goating you but you dont see it.

this is my last post on this subject. you know where I stand.

please delete this thread.
I think you mean goading me and if you think for a second I believe this guy is for real, you're as crazy as he is. I doubt he'll be back.

Reactions: jodedor

·
Registered
652 Posts
His sway bar has hinges so this is all BS.

·
Registered
2021 Q50 RedSport, ARK Cat-Back. HKS BOV, AMS LDP, Mishimoto Catch Can
712 Posts
He might be telling the truth, just the other day I added 6 more turbos to my car and a rocket in the trunk, last thing I want to do is share photos, god knows everyone will copy me on my $1,000,000 project!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.